Non-UVA basketball discussion (misc/old games/etc)

I love that if one didn’t know his background before, they could probably guess where is from after like 0.05 seconds of him speaking, both in terms of accent and tone.

Providence?

Long Island

They are different places? ha

I don’t want the college game to be changed solely to help better prepare the tiny fraction of guys who go pro. College ball is its own different product - I really wish they’d stop trying to make it more NBA like.

Small changes I’d probably like to see to actually improve our college TV product off the top of my head:

• Coaches can only take 1 timeout in the last minute of the game
  • All teams are required to play at least one true road game in their non-con schedule
  • No more playing final four games in football stadiums

I’m sure I could come up with more. But none of them will ever be a 24 second shot clock.

2 Likes

Zero chance that Nolan lasts in coaching

1 Like

Jesperson clocks in at #27. This was a great moment, but tbh, their absolute meltdown in the next game was even more memorable. It was like watching a horror movie.

3 Likes

Gonna stay at Keswick late August. Definitely going back to C&O will have to hit Lost Saint as well…

4 Likes

that was incredibly smooth. not really even a heave

1 Like

Marigold at Keswick is a beautiful space, but I thought the food was like a B+? Probably like C&O, Tavola, Fleurie better for high end.

1 Like

What you describe is very typical of “the hotel restaurant” experience…there are exceptions like what is offered at Vegas like resorts… but for the most part your B+ rating is actually very encouraging…

Last time me and the wife went to C&O it was very quaint, decent wine list and good food. We really enjoyed it. Will have to consider Fleurie or Tivola as wel…

Thanks for the rec’s!!!

1 Like

Would second Fleurie, Tavola, and C&O. And if I could only choose one, it would be fleurie - the newish Quirk hotel on w main is super nice to stay at for going to grounds or downtown as well

2 Likes

Just booked Tivola… intrigued by lost saint so keeping my Friday arrival open for either that or Marigold… and to the rest of the community sorry to go OT…but food is an important topic while wading through the doom and gloom that is recruiting and also those posts telling us to get grip…

4 Likes

We need a Dawn Staley/Terry Kirby cornhole team.

10 Likes

Thats TK right over her left shoulder haha

4 Likes

And they had the same thought as me:

2 Likes

I would tweak this to one timeout in the last minute where they can huddle … still able to use other timeouts left to save possessions etc

3 Likes

This made me giggle

11 Likes

This Kentucky dustup is kinda funny

8 Likes

Given the context of how Kentucky’s basketball season ended last year, the #4straightpostseasonwins is a little brutal coming from their own football coach.

4 Likes