Non-UVA basketball discussion (misc/old games/etc)

2 Likes

So he’s legit pissed

3 Likes

LRA is a basketball site.

12 Likes

@KarlHess @BDragon no more of that baseball, football or beer talk ok guys?

1 Like

Jamal joins JJ’s staff at ODU:

4 Likes

Something tells me CJ Fredrick shouldn’t have transferred from Iowa. Completely forgot about him until I saw this tweet.

Yeah, he fell into the trap that they needed him in 20-21, so he decided to transfer for 21-22, and now won’t play until 22-23. I think he would’ve gotten more run last year if he were available. I think he was dinged all year, right?

1 Like

Ankle injury I believe.

1 Like

RIP Pete Carril

He also had a fun second act with the Kings

7 Likes

I like 3MW, but I’m very confident we’ll be better than IU

3 Likes

That’s actually low compared to Torvik and most of the other national pundits. Torvik has them #12. Parrish, Goodman, Borzello, and Rothstein range from #12-17.

I tend to think 3MW is closer to the mark, but a lot rides on Hood-Schifino, who I haven’t seen play.

3 Likes

It just seems like they’re gonna be relying on Xavier Johnson a LOT. And while I think Xavier Johnson is good, is he great? I don’t think so. I’m actually fine with them being around 25th but I think we should’ve been higher

2 Likes

Yeah, agree. That’s why I think a lot depends on how good the frosh is.

1 Like

Good article about Carril, with a UVa game at UHaul as a backdrop, Feb 25, 1975:
https://www.si.com/college/2022/08/15/college-basketball-coach-pete-carril-dies-92-princeton-offense

4 Likes

Haven’t listened to the podcast yet but seems like a fun concept. Will have to listen to figure out how Nova 2018 wasn’t the 1 seed. Note 2 UVA teams but only 1 Duke and 1 UNC.

2 Likes

I haven’t listened either, but I suspect it’s because they are “Torney games are just games “hipsters

1 Like

To a certain extent they are correct but that Nova team lost one game at full strength and killed everyone in the tournament lol I’m blaming it all on Matt’s Duke bias. At least until I listen to it

2 Likes

Remember everyone, the 2019 tournament was very easy and we got a cakewalk to the title, but also there’s 5 teams from 2019 on this list

5 Likes

Oh, there’s like a 90% chance they will take Zags in the 5-12 upset over us.

So '21 Baylor whupped '21 Gonzaga’s ass but Baylor is a #3 and the Zags are #1?

3 Likes