Non-UVA basketball discussion (misc/old games/etc)

I don’t think any of the P5 will ever take them. Only one I could maybe see doing it would be the Big12 if they got desperate given their position relative to other conferences and the number of religious schools they have, but still doubt that would happen any time soon.

1 Like

Yea I don’t see it happening either. But I know they have aspirations of buying their way in.

I mean BYU faces enough hurdles and they are 1/10 as controversial as Liberty

1 Like

Question is would Baylor and all their BS the conference has already had to deal with make the Big 12 more or less likely to take on the Liberty headaches?

Hm somehow I forgot about Baylor in that Big12 conversation. Also somehow I feel like Liberty is worse maybe because it feels more high profile or recently in the news. But if the Big 12 already has one crazy school and Mike Gundy why go searching others.

Liberty might be the one school that would make me pull for VTech, and it has nothing to do with their sports program(s). Don’t want to expand (probably don’t need to) and risk getting the thread locked, so I’ll just leave it at that.

6 Likes

Thinking about doing the old banana in the tailpipe trick

13 Likes

Saw this on twitter. The good ole $100 in the front, the rest of the stack is $1s. Also I really hope Eli Ellis is already on our radar. Dude is a 2025 dominating 2022s and 2023s. Straight up outplayed Mikey Williams and went head to head with Jayden Epps. As a freshmen.

https://twitter.com/moravianprepnat/status/1488690177228816388/photo/2

1 Like

I think the video of Eli outplaying Mikey is a bit slanted… sure the Eli and his brother can ball… there were several plays were Mikey cooked him with ease on the other end… in fact I bet a unbiased video would show some holes in Eli’s game… I am not sure he can defend and like Mac McClung needs a lot of shots

To be fair though he’s a freshmen. I hate player comparisons mostly because I hate that I end up using players of the same race most of the time (I did say McKneely was Darius Thompson with a 3pt shot though) but Eli reminds me of Payton Pritchard.

I remember Darius hitting a pretty clutch 3.

Payton Pritchard seems right…

Not sure that would of counted on the playground cuz I know he didn’t call
Glass on that bucket :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Still don’t fully comprehend how he made that shot.

1 Like

Which win was more unlikely - 2016 at WF or 2018 at Louisville?

2 Likes

Edit: sorry wasnt for me

I’m no statistician, but it had to be Louisville, right? UVA had to do so much right and Louisville had to do so much stup…I mean, wrong for that to happen.

2 Likes

But at WF I think we were down 7 with like 25 seconds left and WF had the ball.

Both were insane.

3 Likes

Indeed, but 25 seconds is a lifetime compared to the time left and points scored vs Louisville.

5 points in .9 seconds comes out to roughly 2,400 points per game.

6 Likes

There was a crazy Clemson comeback in the Leitao era… something like 18 points in 4 minutes or something. At Littlejohn.