Non-UVA basketball discussion (misc/old games/etc)

Hate to admit it, but I turned Wake & Louisville both off before our comebacks. I didn’t know we had won either until like an hour after they were over.

1 Like

Same for me with the Wake game. Still remember that. I had things to do, seemed hopeless so I turned it off and left. I even remember the moment I flipped it off. TB lost it on an offensive foul call against London with a couple minutes left. “That was a horseshit call”. You could read his lips haha

To me that was even more unlikely than the Louisville finish because they needed so many things to happen just to have that opportunity at the end. Whereas with the Lville game it really only took the one slip up, travel on the inbounds.

1 Like

True story, I watched all but the last minute of “Of Mice And Men.” Hadn’t read the book. Thought it was a great movie.

1 Like

I was in Colorado for work the night of the Wake game. Two hour time difference so watched the game on my laptop in the hotel right after work…got pissed when Wake got the big lead, turned it off, and went to dinner. Didn’t know what happened until after I got back to the hotel. Didn’t go to any UVa sites on my phone at dinner because I figured it would be pretty ugly.

1 Like

Our largest lead in the Louisville game was 10-7. In the Wake game it was 4-2!

Minimum KenPom win probability in the Louisville game was 1.6%, down 66-64 with 1 second left.

Minimum KenPom win probability in the Wake game was 0.3%, down 70-63 with 22 seconds left.

I think those probabilities are only computed at the end of each possession.

1 Like

Conversely, I remember when we lost to Miami in the 2011 ACC tourney while up by 10 with 42 sec left…

4 Likes

I took a long walk after that one.

Clip of Jack Salt hitting a 3 off a ty jerome assist in practice. Man I wanted to see that in a game. Reminds me of when I used to watch akil mitchell hit like 20 3s in a row in warmups.

5 Likes

At least Jack gave us the behind the back dribble into a fast break that one time!

3 Likes

Did this really happen? like what? haha

7 Likes

I have no idea. I hope so but I think I could have beat Terry 10 years ago

And the answer is yes. It’s some kind of Cornhole Pro-Am. Celebrities paired with pros. There are cornhole pros, that’s the headline for me.

https://iplaycornhole.com/superhole

7 Likes

Lol, Chumlee from Pawn Stars was in it too. I going to try to catch the rerun of it

1 Like

They show the games on ESPN… I’ve actually watched a few online for the spectacle… those dudes are good… they even have names for the different types of throws and strategies… all I got out of this is if you look hard enough, there are professionals & some sort of world championship in ANY sport you can think of. ANY sport.

4 Likes

Also worth bearing in mind that they may be cornhole pros, but they probably have day jobs rather than living off their cornhole winnings.

I knew a guy who was a professional bowler, and really good. I saw him win tournaments on ESPN. During the week he was a patent lawyer.

5 Likes

Yeah… I think pro just means you make money playing it.

Not sure people appreciate how ridiculous of an athlete TK always was Literally could pick up any sport and dominate and incredible incredible work ethic. But him winning cornhole is funny shit

9 Likes

If they have a real job then they’re no good

1 Like

That’s remarkable.

A fraternity brother and post-college roommate of one of my oldest friends quit his job as an options trader to focus on betting on college sports full time (it was like ‘95 or so).

Never heard exactly how he turned out, but at least initially he did well. I think he got into crypto early so he’s probably done extremely well.

3 Likes

AMEX guy from Susquehana? (sounds like)