🎶 Nostalgia Songs thread

Thread for songs that are nostalgic or key to moments of your past

(sorry oldies, my first contribution is an early 2000 song)

3 Likes

Ill throw in an older song. Mom always had ABBA and Simon&Garfunkel on (vinyl and then old cd stereo) after school

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Finally a thread I can get behind instead of talking about basketball all the damn time.

Stay tuned…

1 Like

… or out of tune in @BDragon 's case… amIright?

1 Like

Loved going to U-Hall and hearing the Pep Band play crazy stuff like this instead of the typical lame college band tunes

4 Likes

Heyhooo… Don’t sleep on Dragon’s vocal abilities. There was a time when I could throw down on a mic, with a band, or playing the lead in the school musical.

3 Likes
5 Likes

As a HS class of 1991 alum, I’m pretty sure this one played at every prom/graduation party that year.

6 Likes

Marking for later…

2 Likes

Just like this one in the few years after 1997…

7 Likes

And way better than we had in 01

1 Like
7 Likes

What is all this crap? Where is the good music at
I mean from the 60s and 70s?

Edit: That version of Here comes the Sun was great.
Also before everyone goes crazy on me I’m picking. ( I think)

1 Like

A lot of people love the Nico version, but I always loved Westerberg the best. Browne wrote that song at 16! WTF!

3 Likes

Ok…my four years in Charlottesville was very much about music, having been part of WTJU. I will never get over 80’s and early 90’s alternative music, since that’s what I mostly played on air. I won’t inundate this thread with tons of music, but I’ll try to pick and choose stuff that brings back great and not so great memories…

I’ll start with the band I was obsessed with during that time…the band I saw live more than any other: R.E.M. Since we are Cavaliers, I’ll link a song that purportedly mentioned us:

9 Likes