đŸŽ¶ Nostalgia Songs thread

Now you’re talking DentistHoo!

1 Like

I only like a handful of Beatles songs. That particular version of Here comes the sun I love. Its my wife and mine wedding song

2 Likes

Now I’ll go back all the way back to the late 70’s. I came to the States in 1977 as 7-year old, not knowing a thing about American culture. The first artist that really struck a chord with me was someone who just blew me away with his showmanship and singing
the gloved one, Michael Jackson. This is my favorite from Off the Wall:

4 Likes

Close this thread immediately. I’m losing what little respect I had for the posters on this forum at a truly alarming rate.

4 Likes

This feels like it would be up your ally

5 Likes

I never had to give you a poop emoji before dragon. I’m disappointed.

1 Like

Aww this more your speed?

1 Like

2 Likes

The Horticulture kid who’s last name ya’ll are having so much fun with, looks like their younger brother. Kinda.

1 Like

Wait 
 it’s Ace of Base? Whatever. Never mind.

2 Likes

Explains so so much

4 Likes

Ok
back to some GOOD songs. For the old folks, this was the first singer I saw live in the US. My folks were into it, and I thought it was good, too. Died tragically

5 Likes

I suppose it wouldn’t really be a nostalgia songs thread in a UVa forum if DMB isn’t mentioned. I remember countless shows at Trax (RIP)
makes me think about listening to Boyd Tinsley’s band back in the day at Sigma Nu
good times

5 Likes

First concert at UVa for me
first year, first semester. Triple bill at UHall. First up, Indigo Girls:

I found them to be ok
very tepid response from the crowd

Second up, Fishbone. WOW
they were incredible! Full on intensity. Huge mosh pit on the floor. They kicked ASS

Who knew they’d be singing about our offense?

Last, Violent Femmes. Most anticipated, but most disappointing. They were so drunk off their asses
still love them, though

8 Likes

My radio show used to be on from 2 AM to 6 AM. I never made it to any morning classes the next day. Back then, the studio was at the basement of Peabody. I would open my show with this

I love me some old school hip-hop
not a fan of this new mumble-mouth shit

6 Likes

Giving Ralph a shout out in this classic!

6 Likes

Wait - you’re a dentist and a Sigma Nu? What do I need to do to pick up a tank of nitrous?

2 Likes

My favorite Charlottesville band grew up in their house basically. Bill Willson was a Dean in Garrett hall with my mom. James graduated from Uva. And they penned this beautiful ballad to the commonwealth that Ive had the pleasure joining them on stage to sing more than once

8 Likes

Great song. I’ve never heard it before but I’m adding it to my playlist.

3 Likes

Couldn’t have picked a better one!

2 Likes