Notre Dame Preview/Live Thread (Pt.2)

First rematch of the season for the Wahoos, and first second game preview for me:

This’ll also be our live thread

7 Likes

On the coverage for Laszewski ball screens, my guess is that they will have Huff stay at the screen’s level and then stunt a 3rd defender towards Laszewski to give Huff time to recover. That gets dangerous if you have to stunt off of Goodwin, but I would be comfortable letting pretty much everyone else on their roster shoot from 3. I think there are basically 3 ND actions I would be scared about: 1) Laszewski pick-and pop, 2) Durham pick-and-roll, 3) Goodwin catch-and-shoot 3. I think Hubb and Ryan taking a lot of shots today would be an OK outcome defensively.

2 Likes

In a normal year, I feel like most people have a pretty decent idea of how are games are going to go. Hell, even last year you could at least predict a close game.

This year, I have no clue what’s gonna happen. Could win by 20, could lose in a close one.

3 Likes

Was thinking the same thing re ball screen coverage vs laszewski. I wonder if we see them play differently depending on which one of Durham and laszewski is at the 5, and then also if they continue switching 1-4 when they’re both in

2 Likes

Are Casey and the coaches back for this one?

1 Like

Yea I think CTB said they’re all good on the coach’s corner

2 Likes

Does that include Shedrick or nah?

1 Like

Don’t think there’s an update for him

3 Likes

No Kadin today. In sweats.

2 Likes

5 Likes

what’s worse, the lineup experimentation or Kihei hair experimentation?

Looks like another new hairdo for Kihei today. Been the most intriguing story throughout this season

4 Likes

My god will my meeting end

1 Like

As someone who played while having long hair, I’m shocked at how often Kihei changes his.

1 Like

Sam in the mid post is lethal. I’ll give him credit there love watching him go to work

7 Likes

Jay Huff hits a 3-pointer. He then picks up one foul, and is taken out of the game after just 2 minutes.

?

Long game…

The new jg went worth commercial is excellent

1 Like

Agree. That mid range shot is automatic

2 Likes

He’s shooting 22-for-35 (62.9%) on 2-point jumpers/attempts not at the rim; if you consider volume and efficiency, he might be the best in that zone in the entire nation.

3 Likes