Notre Dame Preview/Live Thread (Pt.2)

Me right now

2 Likes

I’ll take that

1 Like

Special shout-out to Papi. He gave us some really nice minutes in the second half and had a couple nice plays on each end of the floor. I particularly liked the assist out of the double team, which came right after i yelled "Don’t be a black hole, Papi!’ at my TV.

7 Likes

Casey Morsell baby!!!

9 Likes

Shout out to Kihei for holding Prentiss Hubb to 5/17 shooting and 13 points between the two games. It was huge not allowing him to get going.

6 Likes

That was such a great pass. I’ve been hard on Papi for not showing progression but his court awareness has improved a lot.

3 Likes
8 Likes

It’s early of course to pick this year’s ACC Player Of The Year. From looking at a Notre Dame basketball forum, this is going to be the last year at Notre Dame for Mike Brey.

In my mind, the big games this year will be when we play Florida State and North Carolina.

With Jay Huff and Sam Hauser graduating this year, I don’t know why Efton Reid would not pick UVa. Is it possible that the coaching staff projects stardom for Kadin Shedrick or Francisco Caffaro next season?

the Efton Reid issue has been discussed…at one point in time he and his camp thought he might be a OAD…CTB has been honest with him that he is not NBA ready and would have to slow cook with us…while other outside influencers are filling his head with NBA nonsense and telling him to look at other schools that have put guys in the nba and will guarantee PT…all that being said…even with Huff and Hauser moving on…CTB isn’t playing first year bigs a lot and there is a reason for that…Reid is no longer interested in us and looking for an easier path…I believe that Jwilly is still recruiting him but CTB is no longer engaged…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Agree i was surprised by that play didn’t think he had it in him

1 Like

Happy cake day @JumboHoo!

3 Likes

Thought this was cool

2 Likes

Sorry. I shoulda been more active here. But Reece droppin dimes is unreal

2 Likes

Game 10 Efficiency data vs. Notre Dame: UVA as a team was 127.0 on offense and 107.9 on defense for a net per 100 possessions of +19.1. This is the baseline to determine who contributed the most above or below the team performance. The team outscored Notre Dame 57-33 with 12:10 remaining in the game. Notre Dame then went on a 25-11 run in only 7 minutes by changing how and who they attacked offensively. This team will continue to have long lapses defensively if the worst defenders keep playing high minutes. Best on Offense : Morsell. Best on Defense : Beekman and Huff tied.

Individual ratings: https://www.facebook.com/groups/198511308193226

1 Like

Looking at the player’s shooting stats split from different areas for the floor is interesting: Player Shooting Stats - Customizable College Basketball Tempo Free Stats - T-Rank

What jumped out to me is that Kihei is shooting 64% on 3.4 attempts at the rim per game, up from 42% last year and 46% the year before. He’s also shooting better on 2pt jumpers than the past 2 years.

6 Likes

Interesting line from Casey, “My shoulder felt good.” Wonder if he has been battling an undisclosed injury?

5 Likes

I think this has a lot to do with development from last year mid-season when he was coached to maintain his dribble when penetrating the lane. Most players commit to a distinct line of attack to the rim on a dribble drive. It allows the defense to either take a charge or to time a shot block. A PG who is perfectly content to keep the dribble and dribble around in circles in the lane really confuses the defense and keeps them on their heels. An offshoot of that is that it’s really unclear when he’s going to put up a shot or make a pass. As long as Kihei is judicious, he’ll keep getting some really good looks in the paint that a 5’9” guy wouldn’t ordinarily get.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same bc I didn’t know he had a shoulder issue

1 Like

Casey hurt his shoulder near the end of the first ND game. They pulled him for a couple of minutes until the last couple of possessions.

6 Likes