OFFER WATCH: Post Live Period/Pre Fall Recruiting Thread

13 Likes

While we wait for offers, Ty Davis highlights.

Good call on naming. This is basically the August recruiting thread, but really it’s the “last week of July, all of August, and first week of September” thread. Unless we do a post Italy trip recruiting thread.

2 Likes

Also putting Davin Cosby highlights here to manifest that offer. We need to add shooting and he would do that. I hate that Im saying this but his player comp in my mind is Trevor Keels. Still getting comfortable to driving and using his frame in bully ball like keels. Also not sure if he has the confidence to get KEELSMODE tattooed on his chest.

And it’s been a while since we’ve been rejected by a Richmond kid.

3 Likes

Yeah, I get the Keels comp. Big bodied guard with skills who plays mostly beneath the rim because he’s got no hops. Should be a great college player and stay around for a few years given that latter factor. But I thought the same about Keels (although maybe he really should have stayed for another year or two).

4 Likes

First player that popped into my head when watching Cosby was Lamar Patterson, guard that used to play for Pitt. Old school style game but very strong and could really shoot it.

1 Like

Did we know that these visits were gonna happen this soon? I thought he was gonna go to â– â– â– â–  in the fall? Has his timeline now moved up?

2 Likes

It’s a good question. It’s good that he’s getting the visits out of the way and they are each only a day long. It’s bad that he’s visiting them LOL.

5 Likes

What if the CTB conversation has been had and TJ is speeding up his process to make a decision…similar to what happened with Traudt last year…

6 Likes

While I hope that’s the case, I hate that “the CTB conversation” is actually a thing

2 Likes

I think it was just him visiting his family in North Carolina after his team finished in Georgia and he was like “I have these two official visits left that won’t carry over in a week or two. Might as well since im here”,

2 Likes

“Have a seat, we have much to discuss”

5 Likes

Good point. With the Peach Jam schedule, he hasn’t seen family or friends in close to a year.

3 Likes

That’s a good gif, but I just realized…is that the game I think it is? Like, a tournament game in 2018?

3 Likes

Yeah it is :cry:

3 Likes

What game? We didn’t even make the tournament in 2018… really not sure what y’all are talking about

11 Likes

Not sure if there even was a tournament.

5 Likes

Sandfort:

Virginia: “I had a zoom call with them and they just were being really honest with me. They told me they needed to see a little bit more off the bounce but they really love my game and wanted to keep watching.”

7 Likes

Tony Bennett is apparently the Gordon Ramsey of college basketball recruiting

11 Likes

Imagine this was Tony when he needed to see more from a recruit.

Gordon Ramsay GIF

10 Likes