OFFER WATCH: Post Live Period/Pre Fall Recruiting Thread

LOL, I do think Tony is probably super nice about it and also adds in “and this is what we can work on with you to get you to the next level” to market the program in most cases. I think it’s a useful strategy to attract 5-pillar guys.

Sounds like he may also use it to (honestly) explain why he’s holding off on an offer. It actually could work out well – the recruit develops the skill then Tony offers, which could feel really good. It’s better than BSing on why the offer came later.

6 Likes

I think most recruits would understand too. Seemed to go over well with Traudt and Buchanan. He’s probably just like “hey, we really want you and know you are weighing your options, but we need to know where you stand soon so we can make other plans if you’re not coming.” I feel like any reasonable person would understand that. And if they don’t, that’s likely not someone we want anyway.

3 Likes

TB when a 6’6” shooter says he’s a guard

What are you??

“I’m a blocker”

23 Likes

I am bored and would like a new offer. These are my feelings.

12 Likes

Prediction: new offer by 5pm today

Warning: I know nothing

5 Likes

Today, yep, later though gotta get that Zoom in tonight. 8PM

3 Likes

Gotta get the players blooper reel ready first.

1 Like

I want a new commit

6 Likes

Blake Buchanan invited to Damian Lillard’s camp. Various 5 and 4 stars in 2023 and 2024 along with some college kids

16 Likes

I glanced at that and saw “former zero” and thought well that camp sure has a high opinion of themselves.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Marcus Sasser (Houston) and Keyontae George (Baylor) two of the 20 college players going. Blake Buchanan could be a real G and break their ankles for us. Metaphorically of course…

7 Likes

Power enjoyed watching future Blue Devils while they were still in high school.

“Growing up, I was one of these kids that would follow all of the best high school players and try to watch their games on TV or try to go to the Hoophall Classic. A lot of my favorite players to watch while they were in high school ended up going to ■■■■. I was always loved watching them as a fan and watching those players go off to the NBA.”

Which players in particular did Power enjoy watching?

“I liked Cam Reddish and Marvin Bagley a lot,” he says. “They were kind of the two I followed throughout their high school. And I like DeAndre Hunter a lot at UVA.”
————————————————-

Some people might be freaking out about this quote but I actually think it’s a huge positive for us. He mentions Dre unprompted. This article is literally only about UNC and ■■■■ and we still got a mention :man_shrugging:

18 Likes

TJ Power, come on LRA podcast and please put Dre on your UVa Mt Rushmore! He’s the prince who was promised, I’m back in.

UVa legends come on LRA pod and they’re all like, yeah Dre was really awesome I guess, and he won us a natty, but did you ever see Fink McGoo play for UVa in 1937 and score 324 points in the first quarter?

Lol! This is the “Bob Cousy played against plumbers and electricians” topic for me…

10 Likes

Same thing I not ed. The whole article was about ■■■■ and UNC and yet Dre and UVA get a totally unprompted shout out.

4 Likes

Hoos your Mt Rushmore Haney? you get 5

1. De
  2. Andre
  3. MF
  4. Hunter

Tbh, I don’t know. I am mostly someone who revels in critiquing others, than giving better answers. :wink:

My favorites:

1. Donald Hand
  2. Adam Hall
  3. Dre
  4. Shayok (probably not one my five, but I like him so much more than most did)
  5. Pete McLaughlin

Also, these 5 would change if I give the answer after lunch.

8 Likes

Adam frickin’ Hall. Not in the same class as mount rushmores for me, but man could he dunk the basketball…

5 Likes

I like lists like the second list. Guys you personally like for whatever reason

2 Likes

Actually googled this to see if it was some long lost legend or just a great made-up name.

Great made-up name.

4 Likes