OFFER WATCH: Post Live Period/Pre Fall Recruiting Thread

9 Likes

I find the Christie recruitment a little strange. Ik HGN said we offer guys as a ā€œpromise to recruit.ā€ And we offered Christie really before anyone this spring and we seem kind of involved, but also not really? Seems like we keep offering people who are all prioritized over him. Then I get an article like this and forget that we were even recruiting him.

5 Likes

I think itā€™s pretty clear other guys jumped him on the priority list as spring and summer went along. Now that a lot of those guys arenā€™t realistic weā€™re trying to get back into the thick of his recruitment. Letā€™s see if he sets those visits.

9 Likes

I also feel like he was always going to wait until the fall, so it was easier to slow play

6 Likes

Me too. Some of my Hoo faves:
Gill, Huff, Crotty, Staples, Burrough, Morgan

4 Likes

How do we feel about Christie vs Gertrude?

Great list. Junior my all time favorite teammate. Such a fun dude to play with as long as you accepted that the ball was never comin back out!

9 Likes

@HoozGotNext I believe said Davis is playing up in 17U

4 Likes

Iā€™m at the point of whoever wants to be a Hoo, but itā€™s probably Gertrude higher ceiling lower floor and Christie lower ceiling higher floor

10 Likes

Davin Cosby. Thatā€™s how I feel.

8 Likes

Favorite List:

Barry Parkhill, which is why Iā€™m a UVA fan
Wally Walker, 1976 ACC tournament
Bryant Stith
Cornell Parker, defensive stopper
Travis Watson, Mr. Rebound
Ty Jerome

5 Likes

@DFresh11 I need two things from you

1. I need you to relay to Elijah that if he doesnā€™t commit next week the Davin Cosby/Vasean Allette train is taking off

2. Once Ty Davis is offered and then commits to UVA, I need you to get him and his dad to agree to drop out of HS for his last year and come live up with you in Jersey City for a year to play on the blacktops and outdoor courts. Need Ty Davis to be in a game with 9 other 40 year old dudes who talk shit and hold your jersey to slow you down because they are too lazy to run back on D

11 Likes

I want to play:

1. Sampson - 4 years of electricity. And my favorite sandwich.
  2. Cornel Parker - a man who took residence inside another manā€™s jersey. Every time. And also made a layup an adventure.
  3. White Mamba - the most perfect basketball player ever in the history of basketball.
  4. Crotty - every game vs Hurley and Corchiani was a personal vendetta.
  5. Blundin - picked apart your defensive backfield and then neutralized your best power forward, all while the opposing fan base saying ā€œWho the f*#k is that slow white guy?ā€

There are others, Iā€™m sure.

Edit: Damn, meant to include Richard ā€œOh Coach Hollandā€™s in the hospital? I guess Iā€™ll just shoot the ball 87 times vs UNCā€ Morgan.

5 Likes

I believe its been mentioned elsewhere but also whatā€™s interesting is that TJ Power is already 18 or 19 I believe. He was originally a 2022 kid. He does have incredible grades and Harvard was all over him from the getgo.

1 Like

Will definitely get Elijah over here pre and post visit. Post visit to pop the cork on some fancy sparkling water when he commits

My twins would have Ty busy as all get out if he spent time with me but love where your head is at

5 Likes

It was noticeable that Ty Davisā€™s team doesnā€™t play above the rim. Neither would those 40 year olds, but get him out at Rucker and see what happens!

1 Like

Is Ty Jerome really getting four more years with a shave and bleaching his hair?

2 Likes

We must be the same ageā€¦

1 Like

Chatman still planning to visit in the fall. Maybe itā€™s not window dressing?

ā€œVirginia did a home visit with me a few months ago. Three of their coaches came and they talked to me and my family about how much they love my game and think I could help their program. Also taking a visit in the fall.ā€

6 Likes

It would be funny if, after live periods when we watched Gertrude, Elmarko, Green, et al, we wound up with Christie and Chatman.

6 Likes