That Xavier quote doesn’t bode well…

1 Like

Nah, bet he decides before Fall

1 Like

Gotta love Silas DeMary’s dad responding to the pessimistic Hoo fan lol

29 Likes

Offer to Demary finally coming?:thinking:

3 Likes

I’m imagining him finding this board and opening up one of the threads with 1k+ posts…

17 Likes

Eh, the Xavier quote is great in the sense that we weren’t going to get him anyway and it’d knock them out of the running for Green.

1 Like
  1. Othell Wilson
  2. Cornell Parker
  3. John Crotty
  4. Jim Miller
  5. Olden Polynice
2 Likes

Slightly different take on Hoo favorites: not all-time favorites for their career, but one season Hoos (either flashes in the pan or everything coming together at end of career):

1. Meyinesse
  2. Mamadi
  3. Huff
  4. Kehei
  5. Austin Nichols
5 Likes

I love that dude. Top of my priority list for ‘24.

2 things about Christie.

1. He’s the only of the “others” TB has seen every live period. Only once every live period, so it’s not exactly hot and heavy. But he’s stayed on him. That’s how you do it if you’re trying to maybe get a guy in fall. So yeah absolutely real recruitment in pursuit, just not what you’d call priority.

2. Cam was offered after the 1st spring live period, right before London Johnson backed out. They’ve spent very little time on recruiting a SG since then. Gertrude came up and they’ve gone for that. Otherwise very minimal.

10 Likes

So if Gertrude isnt a Hoo by Labor Day we look to bring him in for a visit this fall, risk of course is he commits to Minny before that

Ugh, just reclass Ty Davis in top secret fashion, lock him down, and be done with the PG search.

3 Likes

I just read the Wilson article on Christie, and it definitely comes across as he’s decided to go to Minnesota (maybe ISU?) but he’s leaving open the possibility that he opens it up and does visits in the fall.

Anyway, that’s my read of that article.

2 Likes

Rivals article is funny…. At the end of the Virginia section he states “ It’s a place I love right now
Doesn’t say that about Notre Dame… obviously can’t say that about the new offers yet.

Rivals reaction “Notre Dame, North Carolina, Iowa, ■■■■ and Kansas are among schools to watch down the stretch”

Iowa wasn’t even mentioned in the article. These guys are all over the place.

3 Likes

Will we offer someone today?

• Yes
  • No because we are a failed program

0 voters

“Now take some time off” doesn’t scream “We are throwing out the offers ASAP”. Fearful that today might be used to deliberate and discuss while recruits and families rest (80% TIC regarding the concern, 20% concerned only for my own selfish desires. The kids who are going to be offered/recruited are already being recruited and know it).

3 Likes

Much funnier than the London Johnson story I’m sure

12 Likes

No… because we feel good about our targets? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Nah we are definitely offering kids. Just today feels like the deliberation day.

3 Likes

Wait so TJ Power isn’t just 18. He turns 19 in like a month or two. So he’ll be 20 by his first year in college. I get the 1 year reclass because of covid, but he’s also super smart and has been alluded to having ivy league grades by multiple people including Andrew Slater. Maybe just started elementary school a year late.

1 Like