OFFER WATCH: Post Live Period/Pre Fall Recruiting Thread

Yeah I was - 04. You?

1 Like

*class of 04. Rushed in 00/01 technically I guess

1 Like

Yā€™all take this to DM unless a basketball player was in your rush class

4 Likes

When I was a kid in Charlottesville, after Easters Iā€™d go out and pick up beer cans, turn them in at the recycling center, make a few bucks. It took no time at all to fill up a couple of giant trash bags. Good times.

12 Likes

ā€˜04 Chi Phi here, neighbor

2 Likes

Yeah, but there were rocks and shit and broken bottles. Jeans were the safe bet. Was a awesome party. The problem was 15 year old townies and the thousands of randos that rolled in. If it was just Hoos, itā€™d still be rocking today. Of course, in the stupor most of us were in, we might have taken a few liberties with the female guests (cue Animal House sequence). Two memories stand out - my brother in law to be running down the hill, shoving me full speed in the shoulders sending me 15 feet onto my back into the middle of everyone dancing then a huge dog pile ensuing with me at the bottom laughing. 2nd, stepping over some dude passed out face down in the mud still clutching his gallon milk jug of grape Hi C and grain and us deciding that he didnā€™t need it anymore so we liberated it. Every frat on Rugby had a band out front, the yards flooded and nonstop party for all. Amazing times, bruv, simply amazing even after 48 years.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah man- just sent you a message.

Oh shit. Probably did some damage together then - knew a bunch of kids over there.

I was there and completely concur with your assessmentā€¦

Isnā€™t part of seeing them in person to see how they interact with teammates/opponents and their overall attitude as well? Yes you can see some of that on video but not all. Maybe Iā€™m off-base here, but would think thatā€™s also in Tonyā€™s thinking by being there in person.

5 Likes

never gets old hearing these stories. Coach Jones used to say how great Easters was

3 Likes

Not UVA.

9 Likes

what if he commits to UVaā€¦?

3 Likes

I got $20 for the bag if he picks Indiana

2 Likes

Make it 40 ha

At least he will have picked his dream school.

11 Likes

Unfortunate because I think he could be really good with usā€¦ but alas. I look forward to seeing him in the transfer portal

4 Likes

Maryland for Kaiser it seems.

3 Likes

Itā€™s like one of those stories where you can guess how it ends but the show runner decided to throw in some twists to make it seem dramatic.

He couldā€™ve been good here, but Maryland with a new regime makes a lot of sense.

1 Like