OFFER WATCH: Post Live Period/Pre Fall Recruiting Thread

That is great Fresh

3 Likes

part of my closing style with these young bucks!

12 Likes

The Closer

1 Like

I am ready for some good news pre-Italy.

4 Likes

Blurb on Gertrude. This blurb reenforces the fact we need to wrap this up yesterday. Also wonder why we haven’t got involved with Ty Laur Johnson. A poster we all know and love on 247 seems to think we’d be a major factor if we did

2023 Class Post-July Recap: 10 players deserving of an additional star (247sports.com)

2 Likes

Big, big fan of the Jaden Ivey comp for Gertrude.

5 Likes
3 Likes

First opposing ACC 5-star recruit we get to see Gertude yam on? Guessing some tall undeveloped dude on FSU.

2 Likes

TJ Power of Duke?

2 Likes

Plot twist: TJ Power of UVA

8 Likes

@HoozGotNext what happened to the early interest in Dylan James? (Saw him mentioned in that 10 players article shared above).

1 Like

Oof, too early in the morning. Coping systems not online yet.

1 Like

Maybe TJ re-classed early for sports reasons, then again during or after COVID? Is it two classes back or just one? It’s a pretty common things for the youngins to re-class.

Bet Gladwell never would have included that chapter of Outtliers if he knew it would lead to 14 year olds having to take classes with 20 year olds. I get why the individual families go for it but really not a fan of the trend. Hope Power at least doesn’t get the Dickinson treatment where announcers make such a huge deal about him being a freshman. He should perform well beyond what your typical freshman does when he’s the age of a junior.

2 Likes

Back in the day - ‘holdbacks’ were very common - especially in SWVA for football.
Did you know that John Elway was a ‘holdback’?
Now it seems kids are going in the opposite direction.

4 Likes

Interesting. My understanding was this was a last 10-15 years phenomenon. Didn’t realize it had always been going on. Still not healthy imo but hard to tell a family they should take a CAA/Socon scholarship a year earlier over an ACC/SEC scholarship so it probably won’t ever change.

Back in the day - it wasn’t about scholarships. It was about having men playing boys on the football field. We need some of our SWVA posters to chime in about how competitive it was( still is?) - with some high school games drawing in the tens of thousands … and some coaches / fans / boosters would utilize creative ways to attempt to gain an advantage - probably goes on just about everywhere

Honestly that sounds way unhealthier for the rest of the students at the school lol at least with kids doing it for scholarships it’s a one of or two off. If you have a whole group of 19-20 year olds chumming around with 14 year olds that’s…not good.

Just win baby

3 Likes

He makes it look very easy, reminds me of Doug Smith back in the day. :grinning:

I’d say “very impressive young man, but work on that jump shot. 6’3” guys don’t dunk all that often in big time college ball."

1 Like