OFFER WATCH: Post Live Period/Pre Fall Recruiting Thread

Gate City High School was and is notorious for holding back boys in the eighth grade who had any athletic ability at all. They were not the only ones in southwest Virginia to do so, it was a common theme for potential athletes…

1 Like

Him with a legit college conditioning program would be terrifying. Unfortunately there is no chance he ends up at UVA

Covington? Clifton Forge?

Best choice for Elmarko is a head coach who played in the NBA who doesn’t throw hands in the handshake line. IMO.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the site-wide meltdown if UVA isn’t among Power’s top 5. Even worse, if his top 5 is just Duke 5 times.

12 Likes

I’m not going to lie, that would be an elite way to announce a commitment.

“Hey guys, dropping my top 5! Sike, it’s all Duke #brotherhood :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I strongly disagree

1 Like

20 miles southwest

images (2).v1 (1)

3 Likes

I grew up in Lexington and back in the day (mid-to-late 80s), we had a good hoops rivalry with Covington HS.

2 Likes

Do we really have a chance with elmarko? Who is the other schools in it?

1 Like

We will find out when that list gets cut soon I think he said. Michigan Miami and Villanova are the schools to know in that recruitment at the moment.

3 Likes

UVA is going to be in it for Elmarko. But yeah the list cut is gong to be interesting, lots of big boys trying. I would expect Louisville to be another real player for him. They don’t have a single true guard on their '23 roster right now.

19 Likes

Have you heard who UVa may be using to show him how he will be used? Kinda reminds me of a more athletic Brogdon.

I haven’t but I’m sure Brogdon will come a lot

9 Likes

Thanks. And no ND for Power. Little surprised.

4 Likes

Boston College as the home team.

4 Likes

Good guys center stage can’t hurt right?

14 Likes

I figured he’d slip Boston College in there. The takeaway for me of leaving Notre Dame out is the talk of being a “guard” is just that. He knows what he is, just means in terms of how he’s used offensively not literally.

16 Likes
7 Likes

I have to ask. With the list out, do you think he basically knows where he’s heading?

1 Like