đŸ©Œ Old Farts - Reminiscing on the Past

Yeah, that picture is in front of Ralph’s restaurant. Right across the street from Carruthers.

Amazing memories. I dont think I ever saw Chris against Duncan

1 Like

I remember Ralph’s 40. That was on Super Bowl Sunday, wasn’t it? Ohio State had Herb Williams and Clark Kellogg, and Ralph made both of them look silly.

3 Likes

We upset a favored Tim Duncan Wake Forest team largely because of the great job Chris did defending against Duncan. He even scored against him a few times and of course Chris didn’t take many shots in college. I’ve always appreciated great defense.

I think Tony would have loved him.

4 Likes

Can someone start a “Stuff that happened 40 years ago and nothing to do with recruiting” thread?

4 Likes

My last year we were Chris Alexander 1995-96 away from real shot at the Final 4

Bryant against Pitt in 91 in Richmond was something to behold. Was ACC BIG East challenge

Also one time at GaTech or Wake Bryant had like 36 and hit the game winner in OT.

1 Like

This is the recruiting thread?

2 Likes

I stormed the court after that game!

3 Likes

Oh geez, sorry, so so sorry!!

Actually, I’m not. I’m old and when you’re old you do what the eff you want and don’t give a shit what anyone else thinks.

It’s not like we’re about to get a commitment from anyone so what the hell else are we going to talk about??? Oh gee, I really like Burton Shamwitzovic. And three months of drooling over “the Sham” he gets a Duke offer and he’s gone.

When we get to where we might land someone, then I’ll worry about staying on topic.

Or probably not.

6 Likes

I think it was Wake and he hit a turnaround on the baseline off an inbound play to win it. I remember sitting in my kitchen watching that and just going nuts

2 Likes

Was that the game-winner on the inbound? I may be thinking of a different Stith gamewinner lol

2 Likes

Man now I think was at Ga Tech but that was the play baseline jumper to win

3 Likes

Yep. On the baseline

2 Likes

Jeff Lamp use to specialize in the game winning baseline jumper. He was pretty amazing too.

3 Likes

I was there 
 :muscle:

4 Likes

@TobaccoRdHoo Can’t sleep tonight?

Jeff Lamp held the most consecutive made free throws record at UVA for many years. I believe it was 54. Someone correct me if im wrong. What an incredible player. Those baseline jumpers will always be part of UVA folklore 

4 Likes

That’s awesome. I was in the Cavalier Daily offices, putting out the next day’s paper. We had to watch on a small black-and-white TV. I’m jealous.

2 Likes

We need a separate thread called “Old Farts”.

3 Likes

I’m afraid to ask, but what’s the cutoff age for “old farts”?

2 Likes