🏀 Outside the ACC March 2024

And yet he had 14 points against a very good team

I saw somewhere that Texas was -20 with him on the floor this game. Have not verified.

1 Like

Disu didn’t play much that probably was a big factor

He got hurt so they brought Shedrick in.

2 Likes

Shedrick usually plays 15 minutes a game off the bench. Played 27 last night. He and Disu are rarely on the floor together.

2 Likes

I dunno where to put this (@jazznutUVA move it as you see fit) but here’s a mini-coaching carousel primer from Norlander at CBS Sports, and most of the interesting stuff is outside the ACC:

Kyle Smith as a Stanford candidate is such a no-brainer but also annoying because he would be a tough competitor to have in-conference (still very weird to say that).

Oh and there’s a Trilly interview in there but honestly didn’t find it that interesting.

Ooooh… was it like a baby reveal party? Like in the middle of it, there’s a statement, “I can’t take it anymore, but being Trilly Donovan is the greatest thing ever! - Bill Walton” :rofl:

3 Likes

I wish. He said he’s a mid-30s guy who doesn’t work on any current staffs but was once on a staff. So it could be pretty much anyone. I get why people try to figure out who he is, but I don’t find it interesting because: 1) the speculation is always more fun than any reveal would be, and 2) now that’s he’s established himself as the gossip clearinghouse for college basketball, I’m guessing he doesn’t have to be quite as connected as the breadth of the things he shares might suggest, as people just send him stuff.

3 Likes

Vanderbilt is also going to try and get Kyle Smith. Apparently Vanderbilt has “more money than God” but feels reluctant to spend on athletics even though they recently raised $10 million for football/there are signals this might change.

Sounds familiar.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/status/1765208925459157424

2 Likes

these games have been close today

I remember KJ Johnson well. He played AAU with Keon Johnson. UVA considered him a little bit. He kept the hair, unmistakable.

Oh wow…just pulled up his bio. He started off at Lipscomb, transferred to North Alabama.

2 Likes

God, famously known for having a lot of money

4 Likes

The battle of interim coaches is…going horribly for Pacific:

https://x.com/marchmadnessmbb/status/1765877982055338333?s=46&t=wAzMZR-0PRGT1LpN6U5x0g

Haven’t seen this language before, the Pacific coach was reassigned?

6 Likes

The halftime score was insane, like 50 something to 9.

1 Like

UW going with the “OK guess we need to get serious about basketball now that we are changing conferences” move:

https://x.com/mattnorlander/status/1766217114686312613?s=46&t=wAzMZR-0PRGT1LpN6U5x0g

Hey, I heard an excellent recruiter of the Seattle area is newly available. :smirk:

1 Like

Sixers must be shooting like UVa…

1 Like

Very much so

1 Like

Sooo…just saw the Creighton-Nova score. It’s looks like we rubbed off on Villanova, they’re down 30-8 about halfway through the first half.

Every time I watch a game on CBS I’m struck by how superior the production is from ESPN. Better shots from more views, and the announcers are so much better. Then they go to halftime and it’s so awful haha Best in game crew to the worst studio.

11 Likes