Outside UVa Basketball Thread

Very nice addition’

3 Likes

So by posting in the outside UVA thread are you saying the Hoos won’t be there?

1 Like

Think it’s just that is news for college bb in general and we don’t really have another thread where this would fit

5 Likes
1 Like

How do they decide conference tournament seeding this year? is 10-2 better than 13-3? Total mess

2 Likes

Gotta think it’ll be off winning % with a minimum number of games right

3 Likes

Win% with a minimum is probably right, but it’s going to be so messy. How do you seed teams who are under the minimum? This will also exacerbate the scheduling imbalance issue, as inevitably one of the top teams with an already easier schedule is going to end up with its games against the other top teams canceled.

3 Likes

By the average of the last ten years of preseason rankings per the media of course. Duke 1, unc 2, etc…

2 Likes

Interesting story on how it’s all gone down with covid for Nova and how they had guys quarantine: COVID-19 Villanova basketball team's toughest opponent

3 Likes

Mills is from NC, was a big recruiting win for Houston. Would think he’ll end up in the ACC.

2 Likes

Man this transfer thing might just get as crazy as some people have predicted. Unless it’s just about trying to get close to home because of the pandemic. We are talking about a kid who was on a future AAC player of the year kind of trajectory.

Kentucky and UNC are the rumored schools. Both need shooting. A 247 article also mentioned Texas along with them. Even if we had a schollie, do you think we would look?

Yeah UVA would probably have tried. They looked at him that last July when he took off. So did UNC and Joel Justus is from that area so UK naturally will come up. I’m sure he has a fair idea of where he’s going. Transfer recruiting is getting real shady.

5 Likes

The NBA has a hard time keeping up with 30 teams tampering. No doubt there has already been some communication or at least when a power 5 plays a mid major and a player on the mid major goes off, there is a behind the back “Keep us in mind if you leave” wink wink nod nod

1 Like

“Joe Harris is someone I’ve really modeled my game after.”

7 Likes

smart man

4 Likes

Yup I could see some Joey Hoops in his game. Definitely a smart move if he wants to play at the next level.

2 Likes

or he sneaky rubbing it in on our ass!

7 Likes

Haha if he said that as a rib I wouldn’t even be mad at him cause that’s some serious shade on the side

3 Likes