Outside UVa Basketball Thread

3 Likes

Joey Hoops becoming the brand name for ā€œwing shooter who can do more than shoot, and gets paidā€ is probably in general a good thing for the program, Iā€™d guess.

9 Likes

So insulting. I like him.

2 Likes

HGN, would you ever have imagined that Hunter Dickinson would have the type if impact that heā€™s had at the college level as a freshman?

I saw he had another monster game tonight.

He has to be one of the real surprise stories in college basketball so far this season.

1 Like

yeah heā€™s been great. Not surprised heā€™s doing well but canā€™t imagine anyone saw him doing this right away. Heā€™s just so skilled around the basket, physical, smart, plays hard too. He always produced, shouldnā€™t be shocking I guess. Think he was probably undervalued a little because heā€™s not super athletic. Doesnā€™t fit the mold most coaches look for today in a big man.

3 Likes

Thanks. He doesnā€™t really fit the mold that the NBA is looking for in big guys either, which means he could be a force in Ann Arbor for a while.

1 Like

Guys that torched us are #1 and 2.

3 Likes

Watching the colts game following ours and I completely forgot Mo Allie Cox switched over to football. Just caught a reception in a playoff game. Wild to think he used to be an undersized center for VCU.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Kentucky people been hinting on twitter since yesterday. Sounds like they had it all preplanned, to Miami I assume, then Calipari stepped in and Lee Corsoed itā€¦not so fast.

5 Likes

This was all already leaked ahead of time but they kicked the Name Image & Likeness can down the line. Ditto for the transfer changes.

No extension of the dead periodā€¦whew on that.

2 Likes

This is wild to me. AAU programs are now offering ā€œBrand Development Trainingā€ to their players for the goal of maximizing NIL.

4 Likes

Thats proly freeā€¦

11 Likes

LMAO I canā€™t like this comment enough.

4 Likes

I believe this will get out of hand. Everyone wanting a piece of the pie. Gonna be crazy

1 Like

To be fair itā€™s been out of hand for at least 30 years. No reason freaking Northwestern should have better facilities than most NFL and NBA teams.

1 Like

Duke is so bad. The only reason we wont beat them by 50 is because outside Kihei everyone is very passive on the offensive end on our side. Matt Hurt has no chance of stopping an aggressive Jay Huff and putting one of their bigs in forces Duke to play its worst line up.

Anybody know why VTā€™s transfer from Kansas State (Diarra) isnā€™t playing?

Doesnt believe in COVID is the rumor. One of those conspiracy ā€œCOVID aint realā€ people I think according to rumors on reddit and VT boards

5 Likes

Thanks. What a bizarre hill to die on for your last year of eligibilityā€¦

4 Likes