Outside UVa Basketball Thread

Don’t think he had any bad intentions at all with using that quote.

That being said, what a weird quote in general even without the whole blatant racial issue. Adults in my neck of the woods growing up would just say “Keep your head in the game” or “Pull your shit together”

1 Like

Watching Baylor-West Virginia and as much as I hate to say it either one of those teams would just flat out smoke us. Just a different level of physicality than we can handle.

Sadly, it’s been a long, long time since I felt that way about a UVa team.

4 Likes

Agree. We would get absolutely worked by either of these teams.

Biggest difference between them and us: guard play.

3 Likes

Tech Louisville off due to Tech. contact tracing. Gives Louisville extra days rest now before Saturday

And for some reason Tech did their senior day this past Saturday even though one more home game left. . Hmmmmm

10 Likes

This is the game of the year

2 Likes

This is a high-level game! Dudes just making plays left and right!

2 Likes

Just a reminder we won the national championship 2 seasons ago.

9 Likes

I would describe last years team as tough too

4 Likes

That wasn’t a good play

I think his point is just that, and even further back: it’s been a long time since he’s seen teams that could “smoke us.” We have a team this year that has shown it can be smoked. Normally our defense makes it to where that is simply impossible.

2 Likes

Yes we did, and it was awesome!

But it doesn’t change the fact these teams would boat race us this year.

3 Likes

Exactly. Any game that was going to be a physical rock fight and I knew we had a great chance. That’s just not the case this year. No big deal. We’ll be back to that point sooner than later.

2 Likes

Ah, my bad. I misinterpreted that. Thought he meant it’s been a long time since UVA could handle elite teams.

1 Like

Instant game of the year candidate on ESPN here. March is awesome

2 Likes

EPIC GAME

2 Likes

I think its the athleticism and physicality. Very FSU-like. AWESOME college BB game whatever the reason!

1 Like

And when this is over I hope that Michigan/Illinois game is good. Just going to watch College BB tonight! I love March! Wish I was in Vegas right now…

3 Likes

The 5pm start of this game made it really feel like March. Plus two top 10 matchups back-to-back… I mean c’mon

3 Likes

wait what? did this really happen?

1 Like

Yes: Virginia Tech Men's Basketball on Instagram: "𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪 Bede and Cordell for a special day and leading us to a W on Senior Day 👊"

But not necessarily nefarious (depending on how much you trust random IG comments): one commenter on the post notes that Wednesday was going to be a makeup game so they already had stuff planned for Saturday.

1 Like