🏀 Outside UVA Recruiting 2023-24

We could argue all day about whether UVa or Duke have been better over the last 10 years, but it doesn’t change the fact that if Duke doesn’t win the title in the next 2 years, it might be the biggest waste of talent in quite some time. Actually win it…not get close.

1 Like

The CBS podcast (I think it was this week?) talked about Duke’s dominant high school recruiting and whether it was even a good thing in this day and age of the transfer portal. An interesting discussion.

2 Likes

There are times when @norfolk_hoo can be a little more pessimistic on cue, but I dont think this is one of those times. I think he’s just saying such because the topic at hand is “why do 5 stars keep buying the duke hype” which is because of their consistent success even if you could also argue that it’s underachieving at the same time with all the talent they hoard (which then maybe ignites the debate around our talent advantage over our first round opponents). In order for Duke to die they have to go down the UNC struggle fest which doesn’t seem to be the case so far.

So in Summary: Fuck Duke and now maybe Im coming around to TJ Power transfering here since he’s 24 and would be a good stop gap between him transitioning to Cofie at the 4.

Rohde McKneely Bond Power Buchanan, Gertrude 6th man playing starter minutes, Dante as change of pace 10-15 minutes fighting off Bliss and Robinson energy and tenacity

2 Likes

BC fans are already on it

https://twitter.com/josh__eich/status/1719104834836566520

6 Likes

Rohde as our starting point guard?

2 Likes

Noticed that too LMAO. I love that as of now we have no idea how this dude is gonna turn out for us, so far this offseason he’s gone from solid wing starter to a future All-Conference player to not as good as Bond and our first guy off the bench to our PG of the future.

I wouldn’t be surprised with any of those outcomes FWIW, but if I had to guess Harris and Bliss will be handling most of the PG duties next year lol.

4 Likes

Ye I think he’s a point guard and he’s better on ball. He was the only one outside reece creating at the scrimmage.

Him and Gertrude had a few assists/creating open shots for others who missed

1 Like

Didn’t Dunn have like 5 assists kind of out of nowhere?

1 Like

that’s right. So convince Dunn he needs another year to transition to full time pg

1 Like

The reason we are talking about dook is because they just landed another recruit. There is another thread that also posts about other commits for other teams so it’s not just one sided.

However someone always feels the need to “Jump Circle Defend” the dookies, whenever it’s brought up, moreso than defend UVa in comparison…I smell a Rat.

2 Likes

I actually have been thinking that is Dunn’s goal.(be a point guard)
His handle has improved significantly based on what little video I’ve seen and he’s a good passer He may be the next Magic

https://x.com/trillydonovan/status/1721151775170855319?s=46&t=fM9wafOwnXg44SWRZKqpfw

3 Likes

Isaiah evans probably

edit: the comments are on it too. Many thought it would be immediately after flagg announced.

edit2: strolled through Duk247. Yeah its evans. And we have no shot lol. I know Vandross went to check him out once or twice last spring.

98% evans. 2% Kon with Scheyer still going hard after edgecombe

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that too. Wasn’t assuming there would be a trickle down effect for us, but more along the lines of #Brotherhood, lol

2 Likes

The benefit of evans would have been burying Power even more.

1 Like

It would be out of character for me to not introduce hopeless and time wasting hope

(it’s 100% Isaiah evans)

https://twitter.com/juicifer_/status/1721160821789663608

3 Likes

Probably waiting to see if Duke lands edgecombe, who canceled all his visits except for his upcoming St Johns visit… CMON PITINO

1 Like

Trilly needs to up his game. Making me look like a Rembrandt. Also, who picks a normal looking face for Scheyer?

3 Likes

As you know, even if it was Kon and he wasn’t head to Marquette….we don’t have a scholly. No, wait, I guess we have one but that’s for the portal next spring

Lol Tony would be all over it if it was Kon (which it isn’t).

3 Likes