Outside UVa Recruiting

I could see Iona here. But hope ODU if JJ wants him

4 Likes

Thank god for the live period. He was pretty flat this summer/seemed like a settle once I watched one of his actual games and not just clips. If I had to guess Penn State? Pretty safe bet though but absolutely could be wrong.

1 Like

Aaand Penn State it is…agree with @Hooandtrue that he looked not good during the EYBL circuit.

Interesting that Austin Nunez is taking an official to Howard this weekend.

3 Likes

Nunez has family in DC and one of his former AAU teammates plays at Howard. The weekend they came to UVA they also stopped by there.

5 Likes

Hand Sr never played with Stith and Jones never coached him (I think). Did JJ do early recruiting of Hand Sr. before he was fired and that cemented a relationship?

Was moreso just pointing out the UVA connection.

I think JJ did have Hand for a year maybe. Theres the connect. lemme ask him

3 Likes

Fresh knows the 90s. JJ was still there for Hand’s first year.

6 Likes

Fresh pressed pause sometime in the 90s but thanks to @HoozGotNext and crew an clawing back

2 Likes

Good call Fresh. My memory was that Hand came in with the Williams and Hall class which was under Pete but nope. Year ahead of them. We had some truly forgettable basketball teams my years in school. At least we had a couple of the best football teams we ever had.

Weekend Willie is my gauge there since weve been close for years and work together for years. Amazing the guys Willie played with from Norm to Courtney etc

3 Likes

Nickel CB to VT. Yuck. That said, I get the impression the “expert” over there just wants to make the Tech fans happy by having a CB to show off and is basing it off of the visit with Rice. Don’t want to see them pull those two

He is consistently wrong and clearly has very low level sources at VT, if not just reading tea leaves on Twitter and other sites and making educated guesses. That said, he’s bound to be right eventually

2 Likes

Def had for a year. He came in year after me.

Willie and I were same year. We were the only ones left from that year on senior night too! Love that guy!

7 Likes

Love it Tee. yall went through a lot but with lotta good dudes. Appreciate you jumpin in

1 Like

Y’all were 2 years ahead of me. What’s up Tee?

1 Like

we are definitely F’kd now

3 Likes

Def crazy times. Lots of great guys though. Friends for life.