Outside UVa Recruiting

VT picks up a 7 footer…

Committed on his visit. I vaguely remember he was someone on our radar in terms of kids we were keeping a watch on

He had some good offers… Ohio State, USC & Iowa…

Yeah but he wasn’t the priority at any of those. Not downplaying it though, he will be a really solid college player I think.

1 Like

Yeah, and 247 says he had officials scheduled with OSu, USC(CA), and NC State. Young must have really impressed him.

This a B list Hokies get… they are about to strike out on Rice, Huff and Clowney…

3 Likes

All I think of when I see anyone commit to tech for anything is…poor guy.

1 Like

Looks like Dereck Lively might indeed be Duke bound instead. Will be interesting to see Scheyer’s first year in action.

1 Like

Lol Makes me laugh at all the folks that insisted Duke would take a step down in recruiting when K left.
Not a chance. Alllll about the brand.

3 Likes

I think the smoke is though that Scheyer has secretly been doing most of the coaching the last 1-2 years and it has been supbar to say the least. Im not too worried about Duke in terms of them winning an ACC or national championship. However we do seem to choke against them mentally like UVA football vs the hokies. Shoulda easily won last year even with our struggles.

5 Likes

They haven’t even played a season without him yet. Give them a few years of suck and/or struggles and the shine on that branding will fade fast. I for one am looking forward to it. I’m going to relish every second.

3 Likes

I got the impression he had slowly been taking over the Xs and Os, which doesn’t necessarily speak so highly of him, Lol. But to be fair, you can’t really take over until you take over, especially from a guy like K.

While I’m somewhat surprised his recruiting has been AS good as it has been, I think the greater risk is that Scheyer let’s the program slip, slowly but surely.

3 Likes

K isn’t going anywhere though. Both him and roy have offices at their respective programs and will most likely be consulting till the day the die lol. I saw a phot of Roy Williams chatting with Nickel and his family during the football game on their visit.

2 Likes

True, but that happens to us all eventually and unfortunately for Duke basketball (and Coach K too) that’ll be sooner rather than later. He also won’t be on the bench to intimidate refs and control the game from his bench.

3 Likes

LOL! Criticism for the VT 247 basketball mod after no mention of an impending commit w/ Wessler…

6 Likes

Lol they’re on to him. He’s spot on but will get downvoted to hell for that take.

Honestly I’m happy with this pickup for Tech. Not a player I’ll ever worry about in their offense and is definitely a plan B/C pickup. They need 4 stars badly

1 Like

To be fair Aluma wasn’t even ranked. But i get it yeah they need more than just two 3 stars to compete in the ACC outside insane player development.

1 Like

Another shoe committed to MSU yesterday… but Anhäufung no moon!

Edit: My phone autocorrected to a German word… I was supposed to type “amazingly”. The word above translates to “accumulation”, so it actually kinda works. LOL! I may just leave my German auto-corrections in from now on, however 9/10 the translation is so far off I have to change it once I catch it. :slight_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUBPCP9JsIP/?utm_medium=copy_link

6 Likes

Dang Tipton, get that stupid kid out of the way. You can’t even see the laces. Weak.

3 Likes

I believe this is the German word for the feeling I have when I see anything positive happen to Michigan State as I remember getting hosed by the refs in MSG and seeing Branden Dawson (“he kills our dreams” – Justin Anderson) work our defense as Gill was hurt and Darion (next year’s ACC defensive player of the year) sat watching on the bench and then Gary Harris or whoever fouled Teven Jones, and they didn’t call it, and then that team lost to a crappy UConn team that somehow won the natty. Like a reverse schaudenfrede. Something good happened to MSU? Well Anhaufung.

EDIT - Ok, it was Keith Appling, not Gary Harris. Appling is now indicted for murder… Yikes. That “where are they now?” googling didn’t end well…

3 Likes