Outside UVa Recruiting

Maryland

2 Likes

So do we compare his college career to Traudt or Dunn?

Igor.

1 Like

Yep. A shame he didn’t end up here… I wrote a scouting preview of Klintman and thought he looked like a great fit for what UVA was looking for at the time. Unfortunately he waited too long and Dunn took that spot. Still expect Bobi to ball out at Maryland.

edit: see HGN’s post below, interest fell off after the Traudt commitment, not the Dunn commitment.

3 Likes

If UVA wanted Klintman, it would have been done fast. Once Milicic came in the picture, interest fell off. There was a brief resurgence for a few weeks until Traudt said yes.

I’m not necessary adverse to overseas recruits, but I think we’re at our max. He’s obviously very talented. The adjustment will be enormous though. Great high upside flier for whoever gets him. You just can’t count on him panning out.

13 Likes

Maryland is a terrible choice

7 Likes

Always

6 Likes

So Maliq brown is actually deciding saturday. Not just a top 5 list. Smoke is Syracuse.

2 Likes

Lot of talk of him and Taylor wanting to play together

2 Likes

Would be a really useful player in that zone.

Place

2 Likes

Ernest Udeh to Kansas next week.

Also Arkansas is getting another 5 star in Jordan Walsh. Someone we briefly were in contact with when we were checking out Texas kids. Dude is a freak athlete and put Cam Whitmore (who is also an athlete) on a poster. Musselman is a goofy guy but that energy does vibe with a lot of recruits. Can’t hurt he’s a pretty good coach too.

1 Like

nasty!

1 Like

Isn’t he a shooting guard? How many guards are they going to play? They already have Wheeler, Ty Ty, CJ Frederick, Kellan Grady, Davion Mintz, plus the local kid Dontaie Allen.

I think he’s just gonna redshirt and practice and then play next season. Kentucky fans worried he might just bounce to the draft after training with them in the spring.

They had a kid like that a few years ago, who showed up for 2nd semester and Cal did manage to keep him off the court. Though I don’t think he wound up being that good. Forget his name. Back during the Keldon johnson era I think … (Edit – I think I’m thinking of Hamidou Diallo, who’s still playing in the pros, per Wikipedia)

Any more speculation on whether we do the 2nd semester thing with Dunn?

He’s coming for spring and redshirting I believe.

3 Likes

“All the walk-ons will get scholarships this year.”

That’s from Shaw’s live-tweet of Tony at ACC Media Day. I also assumed that Dunn would arrive in the spring, but now I’m not so sure. If he does, somebody on the roster will have to cough up second-semester tuition.

2 Likes

I think someone coughs one up. In one of the threads Hgn said Tony wanted Dunn straight up to reclass but Dunn wanted to enjoy the recruiting process a little. He’s mentioned the spring reclass in a few other interviews. Hopefully which ever walk on it is understands

2 Likes