Outside UVa Recruiting

I know lol. Just continuing to manifest Sheppard in the transfer portal.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfPX5zHJbIj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

5 Likes

A phone case? Man those edits suck.

1 Like

It’s JP Estrella, that big from the North East. Duke is all in on him now/havent even been seen once at an Xavier Booker game.

Also that Pryce Sandfort kid from Iowa that we looked like is probably going to commit to Iowa soon. Their writer did say a last second offer from Gonzaga or Virginia would be concerning but doubt that such an offer is coming. Dont know if he has been on our radar since those April live periods/the fact that we offered his AAU teammate Taisom Chatman instead says otherwise.

2 Likes

Mildly interesting: Tre Mitchell got the waiver to play for WVU next year. So while only first time transfers get the automatic waiver (I.e., don’t have to sit out), it seems like even two time transfers won’t be restricted.

3 Likes

Anybody know what’s going on with Bronny? He seems to have taken a hit in the rankings and it’s unlikely he’ll be a one-and-done. I imagine one of the blue bloods would still take him but it seems like a risk for him if he ends up glued to the bench.

1 Like

He’s going to the league special commissioners note.

2 Likes

Thomas Haugh, a 2023 stretch 4 we looked at some and was Ryan Dunn’s teammate at Perk., was thought to have been a Maryland lean and their mod called him a Maryland fan growing up. Sounds like he is going to Florida though.

It’s getting comical how bad the UMD insiders are. Someone here who doesnt know anything about Maryland basketball could give better insight into their recruiting.

3 Likes

Willard was never known as a big recruiter, was he? I always thought of him as a guy who took “blue collar” types and steadily produced 7-10 seeds.

Also, good to see that Dunn was so good that he’s getting his teammates legit-good high major offers, just from his halo.

4 Likes

I think Seton Hall is an non glamorous recruiting story. You arent THAT close to NYC, the campus is kinda whatever, you play at The Rock in Newark. But there is so much talent in the area, to your point, you can find some hard nosed under recruited guys from Jersey City, Trenton et alia.

Edit: Willard is on Fresh list of coaches we dont care for

1 Like

I never had much of a feel for him at Seton Hall. I grew up a Johnnies fan, and kinda like to see Rutgers do well, but I never had much love or hate for him. Is he kind of a jerk?

Yes. ha. No clue never met him but he is at Maryland now so…

3 Likes

That’s enough for me

4 Likes

If they give out waivers for anything, then that somewhat reduces the value of transfers relative to high school prospects. Not a ton, but part of the appeal of transfers was they are less likely to leave because they’d have to sit out if they transferred again, whereas your high school guys can bolt easily. Guess that’s an obvious observation, but just another moving piece in the recruiting landscape.

2 Likes

I had forgotten all about this guy. He put UVA in his top 10 or whatever a long time ago. Felt like his recruitment was already decided then, probably was.

4 Likes

man Cant believe Goodpasture still exists. My HS coach started there

Saw both Jahseem Felton and Freddie Dillione were on visits to NC State today. Dead man walking Keatts did hire Joel Justus, the former Kentucky Assistant who originally ditched Calipari to join Bobby Hurley at Arizona State.

1 Like

I live within a mile and a half from Goodpasture.

SmashVegas. I was just there for couple weeks. Went to Lipscomb HS baseball game. facilities are ridiculous there.