Outside UVa Recruiting

1 Like

Also saw that Notre Dame got Xavier Booker’s last junior official visit instead of Duke. Saw on the Indiana board a lot of that had to do with Anthony Soloman, known for recruiting chops, returning to be an assistant coach (was an assistant coach for Brey before but left to be the head assistant coach at Dayton before returning for this past season).

Wasn’t Anthony Soloman a former UVA player?

1 Like

yes he was. we call him Slo. great dude

2 Likes

Was supposed to be their defensive coach, too.

1 Like

Yes, indeed. Was classmates with Slo and played a ton of pickup with him at Slaughter. From Warwick HS in Newport News I believe. Really, really nice guy.

3 Likes
1 Like

He still hoops? would also like to know how much they raised for Ukraine…

8 Likes

I normally hate to be the one to ask for the free stuff, but can we get the free stuff? Is it the G-League? (In which case, I hope he knows the names Jaden Hardy and Jean Montero…)

He will exist only in the “edit-verse”.

2 Likes

I have an account… this is the gist of the article… the rest is just fluff…

Obviously, that commitment did not happen, and Johnson is still considered uncommitted. Sources close to the situation tell me to watch for Johnson going to the G-League.

Additional intel says Johnson is working to graduate this summer and enter the G-Leauge this upcoming season.

Yes… the “G-League” in the second sentence was spelled wrong in the article…

6 Likes

Thanks. I hate to be the “that 17 year old is screwing up” guy, when I’m a 45 year old guy who also screws up, but I just don’t think G-League is the right move for this kid. Certainly not next year. He’s gonna get physically dominated and wind up in the mid 2nd. With a nice, but not life changing, payday to show for it. Bet on yourself, I guess…

8 Likes

I don’t even have access and I know that it’s a funny story.

11 Likes

Schools out here getting 2024 commits and we have our former top pg prospect for 2023 out here telling funny stories. Dead program I tell ya.

6 Likes

Solomon actually left Notre Dame the first time to go to Georgetown as an assistant to JTIII. That didn’t work out when JTIII got fired after his only season there, so then went to Dayton before going back to ND.

2 Likes

Waaaay back he was on JJs staff as well

Damn. We were so close.

4 Likes

KY trying to break that Donda—>BYU pipeline

6 Likes

This has to change things with reed Sheppard right?

2 Likes

Man I wish. Apparently Dillingham and Sheppard are childhood friends, only way I see Sheppard backing off his commitment is if DJ Wagner shocks everyone and also pledges to Kentucky.

We’ll have to wait until after Reed’s freshman year for him to hit the transfer portal and then we can get another shot.

4 Likes

For clarity, I was not serious.

1 Like