Outside UVa Recruiting

Bro, if you want a weekend off you don’t get to log in for a victory lap. Now @Hooandtrue has a green light to hound you to the ends of the earth. Enjoy your weekend though!

11 Likes

I look forward to the battles between Rechsteiner&Young vs ________ & _________

5 Likes

__________ is too short.

2 Likes

My smaller dog is too short. Plus, no thumbs makes for bad ball handling.

1 Like

I think lotta rappers are just fing with us now “yo imma drop this wack song and lets see how many people will buy it”. everyone laughs

1 Like

Ugh I hate this bc I think jaydon young is going to be reaaallllyyyyyy good

Once he gets healthy and back on his developmental path he will be solid.

A lot of programs like UVA and FSU were watching him and the fact that only other mid majors offered showed he wasn’t there yet.

1 Like

Putting a national championship trophy in a graphic for a program that’s never advanced past the sweet 16 and a school that’s never won one in anything is funny

19 Likes

The graphic is actually a pretty tough “which one doesn’t belong” question…a moon, red & white blood cells, a national championship trophy?

1 Like
1 Like

what is going on at Kansas State?

1 Like

Jerome Tang has some pedigree (long time Baylor head assistant coach). Kansas state had some success under Martin and beginning of Bruce Webber era.

Also bag drops but thats my answer to any time a school picks up recruiting activity out of nowhere.

1 Like

Xavier Booker to Mich St

2 Likes

Hmmmmm maybe I need to rethink my thesis that Izzo is washed

This comment from a Wisconsin fan hit a little too close to home for some of the discussions had here LOL

“The inability of the basketball staff to close is somewhat of a mystery to me. UW has a great campus, academic credentials, located in a terrific city and has a proven winning track record in the Big 10. Maybe it is the offensive and defensive systems used by the program. Maybe Greg just isn’t a dynamic closer. What ever it is, has become frustrating because they do such a terrific job of identifying talent. It just seems easy for other programs to offer the same players and then end up closing on their commitment.”

Let me try:

“The inability of the basketball staff to close is somewhat of a mystery to me. UVA has a great grounds, academic credentials, located in a terrific city and has a proven winning track record in the ACC. Maybe it is the offensive and defensive systems used by the program. Maybe Tony just isn’t a dynamic closer. What ever it is, has become frustrating because they do such a terrific job of identifying talent. It just seems easy for other programs to offer the same players and then end up closing on their commitment.”

7 Likes

To be fair, Wiscy is actually bad at recruiting. I mean, we like to complain, but we really do bring in classes of mostly 4* players. If memory serves, that is not the case up there.

4 Likes

Yeah, or maybe the fact that there’s tape of one of his better teams questioning his leadership (even if unethically obtained).

I’m as Tony skeptical as they come around here, but he’s a great dude who kids love to play for and who wouldn’t be the target of a team wide putsch. And he’s likely headed to the HOF, whereas Gard is “Johnny Davis from out of nowhere” away from doing color for HS games in Racine.

9 Likes

This begs the question for me - Haney, who is a current CBB coach that you are not skeptical of? And why?

Wes Miller :dark_sunglasses:

Or maybe it’s because the state is named after the most recent ice age

1 Like