Please! Fire Coach Thompson!

What does Tina make?

1 Like

Too much

3 Likes

Not sure but for some reason i think 200 or 300k.

1 Like

And the buy out would probably be absurd.

2 Likes

What @BDragon said above. The Virginia job is several massive steps down from the South Carolina job right now. It’d be like Tony Bennett taking the Washington State job again. I was going to say the UWGB job, but no matter how bad a P5 job is, it’s leaps better than a low major gig.

5 Likes

Buyout decreases after this season… a lot…I wound be shocked if she is the coach next year

4 Likes

So is everyone in agreement that Reiss needs to be the first (and hopefully last) call, or is there another option?

5 Likes

Absolutely, someone should have slipped a note in her pocket when RI was down during the Non-Con

4 Likes

she is having a hell of a year, would be ideal to sign her up ASAP.

They are 16-3 and currently on a 9 game winning streak. beat us by 10 earlier, though i’d honestly have expected it to be by more, maybe she called off the dogs…

3 Likes

What Tammi has done is amazing!

2 Likes

Try $650K. Okay…everyone is excused to go vomit inside the nearest container-type. : )

11 Likes

Woof that is enough to make me sick

1 Like

Would someone mind telling me why coaching jobs are so much different than jobs that most of us have in that if most of us don’t perform adequately we are fired and most of us don’t get a damn payout - at least in my world. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Think it all started when money got bigger, comtracts longer and agents worked their way into the game. It baffled me that coaches needed agents but here we are

1 Like

Yup I’d say it all has to do with money. Most careers you don’t sign a contract that says you will be employed at X place for Y amount of time and be paid Z amount over that period of time. With the amount of money in most contracts schools can’t afford just to pay the buyout or the rest of the contract and not have the services rendered (a coach on the field)

2 Likes

I rarely watch the UVa women play but saw the game was on. After watching 5 minutes, I have no idea how the current HC remains on the bench. Been watching basketball a long time. I’ve never seen a more poorly coached team. The girls have no idea what they are doing.

1 Like

She’ll be gone after the season (unless we are really really short on money). Just have to let it play out for now.

1 Like

But also, 9-26 on free throws in a close game. Hahaha. My god.

1 Like

I agree she’s gone but I think I would tell her to stay away now. I’d heard it was bad, just never realized how bad. It’s sit and shake your head bad because you have no idea what to say.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve debated about this on other boards. I think she’s terrible, but don’t think there’s much benefit to canning her before end of season. There’s a reason it’s really rare to do outside of the huge money sports (or in instances where somebody has like committed a crime). And the end of the season is like 1.5 months away anyway.

1 Like