đŸ—ș Potential ACC Expansion & Conference Realignment

Add the Sun Belt and split into 3 geographical conferences and you’re better off.

I mean Charlotte, East Carolina and App State are in the same state but 3 different G5 conferences plus the 4 ACC schools.

UCF, USF, FAU/FIU, UF and FSU/UM will be in 5 different conferences.

Louisiana Tech, Louisiana/UL-Monroe, Tulane and LSU are in 4 different conferences.

Let’s see if I can find a 6 conference state. Maybe Texas? UT/TAMU, UH, SMU, Rice/North Texas/UTSA/UTEP, Texas State. Nope still 5.

3 Likes

LOL

https://twitter.com/LarryWilliamsTI/status/1469284570000465922?t=Vz4WUV_QLSgTl6IsTRoGbg&s=19

14 Likes

I do hope Carla calls the B1g everyday just to check in and see how they are doing.

8 Likes

And is calling UNC to team up when it’s time to jump ship

3 Likes

UVa, UNC, Duke, GTech, Wake & Notre Dame.

1 Like

B1G wants 20 teams supposedly a la Big East few years ago (at least it felt like they had 20 teams lol). idk how the math works out but make it work lol.

Well, 10x2 = 20. They’re at least at a multiple of 10. So, it checks out.

3 Likes

If they really did want to get to 20 and maintain some geographic sanity, feel the obvious path is to add six from the following list:

-UVA
-UNC
-VT
-Pitt
-WVU
-Notre Dame
-Kansas
-Iowa St

If I were them, of course, my first call would be to Notre Dame, but if they turn it down (likely), I’d probably go with UVA, UNC, VT, Pitt, Kansas, Iowa St. WVU would be fun in place of Iowa St or Pitt, but the BIG also cares a little about academics and they already have rivals of Iowa St and Pitt in conference.

1 Like

If we move and tech comes with I’ma be PISSED.

2 Likes

Rivalry means way more when it’s in conference imo

8 Likes

Agreed any move without Tech ruins the rivalry there’s no legit stakes if they aren’t in the same conference. Also don’t want to waste OOC games on playing VT

6 Likes

I’m very fine with watching VT play Syracuse and BC and UConn or something

2 Likes

I only consider tech a rivalry because they’re in conference, not a better rivalry because they’re in conference. I’d rather find a new rival if we moved. I loathe and despise the VT fanbase with the passion that burns with the heat of a 1,000 suns.

Full disclosure, the vile excuse for a human being that was my ex father-in-law was a hokie fan. I am sure that has something to do with it, but still, I hate that fan base.

2 Likes

If the B1G goes to 20 teams, don’t they have to then be B2G?

2 Likes

Just cross check your list against the AAU and you’ve got your teams. Takes off VT and WVU. If they keep their contiguous rule probably can kick off either Iowa State or Kansas and add Georgia Tech. So 6 would be Notre Dame, Pitt, UVA, UNC, Kansas/Iowa State, and GT.

1 Like

Duke and Wake would die in the B1G. Well Wake for sure and probably Duke too. Wake’s not even in the AAU, which might be a disqualifier (either is ND actually). Northwestern has 22k students which is 50% more than Duke and 3x Wake.

I’m sure Virginia, UNC and GT are on their target list. For the 4th, if not ND, then I dunno. Kansas, Missouri, Colorado and Florida are in the AAU. So’s Buffalo, Texas and TAMU.

3 Likes

Are you saying Louisville and Kentucky don’t hate each other? South Carolina and Clemson? Florida and Florida State? Iowa and Iowa State?

Georgia doesn’t even think about Georgia Tech.

1 Like

Yes, I am saying that. Louisville UK has no stakes in football. Basketball is a good rivalry but that’s different. South Carolina Clemson is good and heated same with FSU and Florida or Iowa Iowa State. But when I think of rivalries, Michigan OSU, Texas Oklahoma Bama Auburn Florida Uga LSU Ark UCLA USC, Apple Cup.

I like stakes that way when you beat your rival it really stings.

3 Likes

They try to tell us it is but that thing is almost as lopsided as UVA-VT football.

USC and UCLA joining the Big Ten (Big 16?) by 2024? What?