Very excited for this one personally

1 Like

Nice get

1 Like

I’m still bitter about that one.

1 Like

Yea man. Virginia prominant in the 30 for 30 for sure

2 Likes

I can’t even watch that 30 for 30. True story never watched it all. Also refuse to go to Maui.

3 Likes

That is what we call a die hard right there Dragon

3 Likes

It’s 365 brother gotta live your gimmick. I also refuse to stop in Chapel Hill when I drive back to Va. and refused to paint the roof my porch the traditional ‘haint’ blue because it’s too close to Carolina blue. I keeps it real

5 Likes

You and @DurtyNellys need to hit that spot for some Bud heavies and Wayside chicken to hash it all out. I be there too

2 Likes

Last time I hit up Durty Nellys was part of my bachelor party after the Tech game in 16… a few fightwiesers were had… it was a long day/night

4 Likes

But if you go to Maui, you can wear your national championship t-shirt to the Kihei Caffe for breakfast in the little town our point guard was named after. It’s guaranteed to erase any bad associations the Chaminade game has for you. Trust me. I speak from experience.

4 Likes

I worked in downtown Raleigh summer after my first year of law school and used to drink a couple times a week in the Darryl’s where the team reunion in that 30 for 30 was filmed. It felt liked I got stabbed in the heart when I saw those guys yukking it up over beating us in one of my old happy hour haunts. If it weren’t for that stupid 18’ 3-pt line the ACC used that year, we would have stomped State in the ACC finals if they even got that far and they wouldn’t have even been in the NCAAs. And y’all can tell Whittenberg I said that when y’all talk to him tonight. :wink:

5 Likes

I think I can pull that off G. counter argument if we just made FTs!!!

6 Likes

No doubt. You always gotta look inward before you start pointing fingers and making excuses. In all seriousness, it’s cool as hell of Whittenberg to come on the show with you guys. I always really liked him, along with Lowe and Thurl. Watching those guys play was a blast except when they were playing Virginia. I hope I get a chance to listen to the show tonight.

Very cool story for me is I was working out shooting alone at George Mason and some guy comes in and rebounds for me for about 30 minutes hitting me with those crisp passes of a player. Realised after the fact it was Coach Whittenburg and wow was I impressed after being 12 and watching that Houston game.

The little things G

2 Likes

Mad respect Dragon. Die hard right there. I did take my daughter to volleyball camp at UNC one year. Walked in a store and that nauseating blue was everywhere. Had to leave.

2 Likes

I have always said after we beat Duke at Cameron my senior year I will never go back to that gym. Leaving it that way still feels great

6 Likes

That’s so cool. It’s pretty much impossible to begrudge those guys their Cinderella championship when it’s clear that several of them were really good dudes. And even if Jimmy V bent the rules every once in a while, he was so damned charming and funny, it’s hard to hold it against him. Of course, if we were still hunting our first chip, it would be less difficult to hate on their '83 miracle run.

3 Likes

One moment in fan pettiness I remember was after Maryland left the ACC I refused to let my roommate stop in Maryland for gas on our way north because I didn’t want any sales tax money in any way supporting their state or school. Doesn’t even really make sense, but I was so annoyed they bailed. Hope they enjoy playing away games at Nebraska.

5 Likes

Any questions for Pregame? ask here!!!