Pre-season 2022

Really got me thinking of the difference in the ways Joe, Justin, and Malcolm were received as undergrads too lol Joe and Justin were the ‘big men on campus’ meanwhile Malcolm was the best player working quietly in the background.

5 Likes

The times I met Malcom he was unassuming as anyone. All those guys just incredibly respectful. Gill what a nice dude.

JA personality more along the lines of guys from my time ha

5 Likes

Never met any of them but basing it on personality, Gill might be my all time favorite Hoo.

2 Likes

IMO, “most decorated” is incomplete if it doesn’t allocate the natty proportionally. If only there were some sort of natural experiment we could point to as a tiebreaker. Hmm…

My list (using Zach’s criteria) is Malc at 1, Dre at 2, Ty/Kyle tied at 3, and “enjoy your debates, folks” from 4 on.

I mean there is a MOP award lol but that’s another voted on recognition so anyone arguing for Ty or Dre over Kyle would have to already be ignoring it, right?

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I’m actively ignoring it, and would urge others to ignore it, too, and if I have had the cash, I’d put that on a billboard, too.

1 Like

To be clear, I will use awards like MOP to buttress my own arguments, but I will dismiss them when they don’t support my case. :wink:

5 Likes

Ty was the MOP by a mile. Get at me

3 Likes
2 Likes

Again we are all entitled to our own opinions and personal rankings but Kyle won the actual, real world award. Just like Kyle was first team All ACC and Ty was third. And then Kyle was first team all ACC again and Ty was second. And he was third team All American while Ty wasn’t anything. And then Kyle was third team again while Ty was honorable mention.

Funny part of this thread is that I would also rank Ty over Kyle but that is almost entirely based off of my own eye test. I’m just pointing out that to make an objective argument for Ty or Dre over Kyle we would to need to examine some analytics. Otherwise we are left with some form of ‘everyone is entitled to their own eye test’ as an argument for Ty or Dre because the honors are firmly in Kyle’s corner.

2 Likes

Mike Scott should be ahead of Joe Harris. There, I said it.

2 Likes

Cant argue but thats kinda my non point. Kyle was really loved

1 Like

Big play after big play. Anyone remember a Ty Jerome shot getting blocked?

2 Likes

I am looking at the DAWG/40 and Ty wins by a mile

3 Likes

One more point on the MOP: good luck trying to figure out what the criteria is. Is it for the final 4? The whole tourney? Up to the voter?

My own view is Ty had the most consistent (and therefore best) tourney, Kyle had the best final 4, and Dre had the best final.

3 Likes

We may need to consider Darion for the list if we’re using this advanced metric.

3 Likes

Lol, I thought for a sec that my preseason thread was blowing up and then look to see it’s all posts about seasons besides the next one. I guess technically all past season were “pre” 2022.

7 Likes

Don’t worry. Ryan Dunn will be on the top 10 list (probably top 5, tbh) by the end of the year. @AnonymooseHoo

4 Likes

It’s Final Four MOP. Ty and Dre also made the All Final Four team (or whatever it’s called). Carson Edwards was our regional MOP while Kyle, Ty, and Mamadi all made the all region team.

1 Like

I am sorry @Vandy-Hoo. This one is on me.