Pre-season 2022

So many alums have come back this summer. Does Brogdon ever come back to C’ville for workouts?

2 Likes

Hasn’t in the last couple years I don’t think. Anderson and Gil seem to be the oldest guys that still routinely come around

2 Likes

Feels like Malc had a kid. They tend to limit options. Though Gill does, too. But maybe he made a deal, I’ll leave Russia and go play in the NBA, then I get to hang out in the old college town.

4 Likes

The one where it surprises me that he never comes back is Joe Harris. Dude literally followed Tony across the whole country. But he was there at the natty I know that

3 Likes

The weekend jabri visited…so June 2019, they had the headliners in the gym together. Harris Brogdon Justin.

11 Likes

Brogdon and Harris have more $$$ and more injuries to manage, probably more methodical with their offseason training at this point

What a real brotherhood looks like

7 Likes

Exactly right. Funny I was talking to someone in the program today and he said exactly that. It is all turning into real Family in the TB era

11 Likes
10 Likes

Italy trip in 2 days! Games start Sunday! Time flies

8 Likes

I’m excited about it but my excitement is muted by the knowledge that we’re only going to get scant reports on the games. If they were streaming it or recording it to show later, it would be much more exciting.

They are really spurning an opportunity to engage the fans here. Of course I’m selfish about it, I want to see UVA hoops, I want to see the young guys play.

9 Likes

Yup.

1 Like

Yep, it’s a wasted opportunity from a fan engagement perspective. Would also help recruiting if done correctly.

5 Likes

Maybe we will at least get something like this lol

3 Likes

Hard to judge with the pandemic going on. They were all back in the year before the pandemic.

2 Likes

Watching some of the old Spain videos Tony said “we are going to sit 3 guys out every game so we can have 10 guys play 20 minutes in each game.” It will be interesting to see if he does similar this year

3 Likes

I share the wish to see more, though I wonder if doing something like streaming is a non-trivial problem to solve. On the last European trip, it looked like they played in some gyms that probably wouldn’t pass muster at a rec league, so getting things set up to stream in gyms like that in three different cities over the course of 10 days probably takes a decent chunk of effort.

Now, even if that weren’t an issue, the desire to do it would still need to be there. And I think it would be great if even just the games against KK Mega Basket (former team of Jokic, Ivica Zubac, and a handful of other NBA guys) were streamed.

2 Likes

Maybe we’ll finally have the technology for our next trip in another five years.

3 Likes

I suspect it’s fairly trivial. Find a gym with Wi-Fi. If you can’t find a gym with Wi-Fi, tape it and upload it later.

5 Likes

Given the $$$ spent on the trip, it would be nothing to solve for decent footage of games - either real-time or edited highlights within 24 hours.

6 Likes