Preseason Thread

Let’s just take Baylor’s spot.

Doesn’t really make much sense for us with the other two teams being Villanova and Boston College. ASU replacing Florida would be great, however.

I dont think there is anything saying you cant play a same team twice. There have been examples where a team was already scheduled to play non-con and then they also met in a preseason tourney. Good practice if anything and the BC game wouldnt count towards acc record.

I would expect this is the resolution. ASU takes Florida’s place. Not as sexy but solid.

1 Like

Had no idea, but ASU is actually ranked in the top 20 of both AP and coaches poll, so my bad, it would be sexier than FL. A quick read tells me Remy Martin is back, but they’ll look to rely on two frosh, 5 star G Josh Christopher and F Marcus Bagley (yep, Marvins lil bro).

Also FYI, the ASU board thinks its likely they will be the FL replacement.

5 Likes

I wish we were more visible. Im on Amtrak and bored. I just watch 3 ACC and 1 SEC Basketball team have individual meet the player day. They showed players talk and answer questions individually for 3 tu 5 minutes. All basketball topics. We get a zoom with the entire class with the same questions being asked for each class. I mean its a pandemic. What else are they doing. We cant take time tu do stuff like those other programs. We cant even get player evals. I havent seen any articles on individual players. I just think our coaches for both programs do their best tu make fans not part of the off season and have minimum involvement for the upcoming seasons. We get a 1 minute video of practice highlights and we go nuts. Imagine if they did more tu draw our attention OR for other basketball minds who are looking tu watch other teams pages like im doing now. Maybe someone will say hey look. UVA win but they are not as boring as people say. I love our guys but man those zoom meetings were horrible. I never saw young guys act so disinterested tu be on tv or get attention. If I wasnt a die hard fan. I would have turned. Like my ole lady said. Those kids look like they are miserable. Where is the spirit. Back tu fans watching other team pages and how it can open eyes. I cant wait tu watch Richmond because of their potential but mainly because of their off season marketing. And yes, wins and loses only matter. Im saving the big mouth people some air. I just dont understand why you wouldnt do these type of marketing ideas. I saw the link tu our senior meet the players and scroll right passed it. I love our players but I cant watch another zoom interview, with bad sound and material. Thats why I didnt know what yall were talking about when posters mentioned Austin. I effing forgot he was on the team and thought yall were talking about Austin Nunez. Thats the Gard honest truth. We SHOULD do more tu lift up the excitement and inclusion of our fan base. Thats just my opinion.

8 Likes

I totally agree. However at this point I think it is clear that it’s a CTB decision given the differences in marketing and social media between the basketball and football team. So I’m not really sure it is going to change that much.

I think this will hurt us in the long run as some of the player likeness stuff comes into play.

1 Like

This might eventually eliminate the 2 week ‘pauses’

5 Likes

Please forgive me for keep bringing up hs guys. But I wouldnt dare show hs kids our meet the player meetings. I GUARANTEE they would say oh hell no. Those guys look corny. UVA players do not look happy or cool tu be around. See us fans are older. Kids do look at these things. Devonte Graham worked out with people I know. We all know why he said he picked Kansas. Yes, the event wasnt his environment. But the truth is, he couldnt vibe with our guys. Now that will happen. Everybody is not for Everybody. I definetly get that. Im just pointing out how it matters. Devonte based his off a personal experience. Again, I get the difference. Im just saying image is everything. Perception is everything. I told my crew this. UVA has been the most dominant program in college basketball the last 6 yrs. Duke, Kentucky, Gonzaga, UNC or anyone elss cant touch us. Its not even close. Maybe Villanova can. Actually they can. With that in mind. We still have tu fight the image and perception of UVA for a kid a hr away from UVA and the number 1 player in the state. We have tu FIGHT for a top instate player despite our dominance in the sport. We have tu fight when we are CLEARLY the better fit. We have tu fight, despite our history and results. We have tu fight even if we been recruiting this in state player tu yrs more than Duke. So trust me please. Image and perception matter people. Look how guys on this site market their product. I mean ive seen so many great graphics and content the past yr up here. Tu the point, That I look forward tu the next one. It keeps you intrigued. Plus I never cared about those type of things before. But this site made me care. This is what UVA is missing and Im not just talking social media. People love tu point tu 247 as their news sorce up here. Look at our site and than look at Tech. A Tech program that doesn’t come close tu ours. But They have way more material on basketball than ours. Its being overshadowed by their awful football play but its in there. Chris Arvin is a good internet friend of mine. Thats not why im saying this. Chris understands how tu keep Tech basketball relevant and Chris bust his ass tu make sure Tecu basketball is relevant. Anyway, Check out their media page. We can do better.

5 Likes

Sam and Jay couldnt even get on Zoom… supposedly. Agree with Tu on this one. Seem totally uninterested on these Zooms

4 Likes

Forresthoo, this is why I bring up how I dropped out. How come a dropout in the fifth grade like myself, know this should have been considered weeks ago. I mean, how can I see this and not them. The same with the idiot in DC. He doesn’t care if he lose these cases because once it hit the Supreme Court. They will vote his way. I can see this but they cant? I think America can really be stupid. You have coaches catching covid and they just now seeing we need a change on protocol if people catch it. If they dont change things. We wont have a season. Which im still saying we wont.

I don’t really have much to add other than I wholly agree

Fresh, I think we are going tu have a blast when we link up. I LOVE how you are an ex player and absolutely love UVA. But you have NO problem KEEPING IT REAL!!! Or being objective. On that podcast you called Jerry out. I cant see you being fake Fresh. Now, I have tu admit. I didnt listen tu the entire podcast. Im just saying, you will share your truth. I respect that about all men.

1 Like

Gotta be real Tu. Am at the age where I wont saying anything disparaging about the kids especially since I have 2 in that age etc … but grown ass men are fair game hahahah

Cant wait to get up with you and other people here on LRA. @BDragon will buy the beeras!

1 Like

Sam and Jay may have their own meeting. I cant see them missing an event. They are the tu best players. That would def be a horrible marketing Idea.

2 Likes

I have known Austin since he was born so I was happy to see him and listen to him. He has done a great job man in what he does. Also he always takes me to the lockerroom when i get to games so thats my guy!

3 Likes

Now come on Fresh. You know I wasnt trying tu diss Austin. I was one of a few who felt he could help us last yr. He might cant run, jump or dribble. LOL. But that dude can shoot. Stick him in the corner and LIGHTS OUT. My post was about our lack of committment for the fan base and doing the absolute minimum required. I remember when we won against Cuse in 14 for the ACC SEASON CHIP. Joe Harris said he was shocked TB allowed them tu go back on the court afterwards and celebrate. He thought they were going tu hear a speech and bounce. TB had tu be asked tu let the guys back out on the court tu cheer with the fans. My question is WHY. Its a sport. It suppose tu be fun. Yes be humble but damn. Let me stop because you can only say great things about TB. LOL

2 Likes

didnt take it as a diss at all. shit i thought he shoulda got time last year too. At one point, why not? But I am biased

1 Like

ASU also has a guard named Alonzo Verge who can really score it. He missed our game with them last year. And of course, Luther Muhammad transferred there in the spring but i haven’t been able to find any info about whether or not he’s eligible to play right away. But many believe ASU will have one of the best backcourts in the country this year with Martin, Christopher, Verge, and potentially Muhammad. Would be a great replacement on short notice.

Sorry replied with out reading whole post. Yes yes and Yes.

take it back to my early 90s. We beat Duke at home my 4th year for the sweep. Fans on the court partying. We go to lockerroom and I say "JJ can we go celebrate with the students and fans " Jeff Jones said “hell yea you can. see you tomorrow”. Big TJ grabbed the mic and was up on the scorers table. Unreal memory you cant make up

3 Likes