Random Off Topic - Soccer

I don’t know how many folks out here are soccer fans but I am and I can’t fathom how Italy doesn’t make the World Cup in 2018, wins the European Championship in 2020, and then doesn’t make the World Cup again for 2022? Crazy. Also, rooting for dos a cero tonight for the U.S. over Mexico!

10 Likes

Pumped for the game tonight!

4 Likes

There was a time in my life when a 10pm kickoff was awesome.

That time is not now. Hope we play spoiler although I don’t expect our A team to play. Likely will play some second stringers and MLS guys in hopes of mucking it up and scraping out a draw.

3 Likes

I could see more of that type of line-up. On the other hand, giving the young European studs exposure to playing in such a hostile environment may be beneficial for the long term. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Is Gio playing?

He’s called up and in the camp but coming off an injury so not sure how ready he is. I don’t think they announce the line up until about an hour before.

2 Likes

I predict a loss tonight but I think we’ll squeak through to the WC. This team’s limiting factor is Berhalter. Trash coach.

2 Likes

Well I was totally wrong. That’s a strong starting 11. Let’s go win the damn thing.

Someone pass the espresso.

4 Likes

Woah. That’s pretty much their A-team (at least of who is available and at full fitness). Hopefully they’ll have something in the tank for the Panama game though.

2 Likes

He will, super sub, probably get 30-40 mins

3 Likes

I was thinking like you. Expected to hold back a bit for Panama. But…

giphy

3 Likes

How close is it?

With three games left, we’re in good position, although it’s possible for us to screw it up like we did last time and get passed by Panama and/or Costa Rica.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I believe

1 Like

Stupid yellow card rule…

For sure and hurts a lot at right back with Sergino Dest out. I think Goff posted that they are calling in Shaq Moore.

1 Like

Yep…

1 Like

That run by Gio . . . . I can’t remember any US player having that sort of technical ability. Elite dribbling.

4 Likes