Recruiting-High Stakes September

Not that I know of. Probably are though. I think if the oh crap scenario happens they’ll chase a few longshots ahead of the early signing period, knowing there’ll l be players pop up later so no need to settle for someone they’re not completely sold on.

4 Likes

the Indiana 247 site is reporting Trey Kaufman will visit UVA tomorrow through Saturday then head to Carolina for a couple days.

20 Likes

Buckle up…here’s our chance.

6 Likes

And I gotta share this because it’s soo Tony Bennett. I asked to confirm through LRA’s official channels. They won’t recognize it. No visit lol I can tell ya through my own less than official, it’s happening.

18 Likes

Florida is usually the king of offers. They really throw them out there. Having said that I haven’t watched them this cycle but I bet they have as many offers as most.
Trey Kaufman, Come on down

2 Likes

In a visit like this, Kaufman can’t meet with the coaches right? He’s just like a normal person walking around grounds? Can we leave the door to JPJ open for him to wander into?

(I’m also just excited that something - as in literally anything - is happening)

7 Likes

I always enjoy perusing Indiana fan threads because they have the most inflated sense of ego as if Bob Knight is still on the sidelines and they’re not a team that has finished above .500 in conference just 3 out of the past 12 years.

I’ve seen them talking down to UVa, Louisville, and Nova in the past weeks

6 Likes

Can’t meet right, no in-person communication. In-person being the key. He can arrange whatever is possible for himself, without their help, and he could be facetiming with TB throughout.

10 Likes

Can he meet with the players. The article inferred he couldn’t but it was never answered directly

UVA can’t arrange anything special for him and no one from the athletic dept can knowingly talk to him in-person. Whatever he arranges on his own is all good, including potentially meeting with other students that happen to be on the basketball team.

11 Likes

Woo-hoo! We have an unofficial non-visit tomorrow! 2020 dead period recruiting is :fire:

13 Likes

I checked the Indiana 247 site. They are spinning this as good news. May be just me but I think they’re wrong. These visits could potentially flip things totally away from IU.

8 Likes

Reminds me of some stuff we have said about guys though. Knocking these visits out means he is probably moving toward wrapping things up. If Indiana feels they are in a great spot and this means he is wrapping it up, you can see the argument for why it might be good for them. That said, a lot of opportunity for us or UNC to win him over too.

2 Likes

It’s also good because if he doesnt go to IU then they can get this out of the way and focus on Miller and their other targets

1 Like

For sure. Similarly, is there a chance we can refocus on Ben Gregg if Kaufman makes a quick decision?

Do we know if Gregg has set a decision date yet?

2 Likes

I shocked to hear someone sends out more offers than Buzz Williams. I thought he was the undisputed king of “everyone gets an offer”.

2 Likes

I think it is good from everybody. A week from now he will have all the info he needs to make his decision and he may announce it soon. Then the winner will celebrate and everyone else will move on.

7 Likes

I think we moved on from Gregg regardless of Kaufman.

Having a good chance with Kaufman probably helped the decision.
If Tony isn’t 100% in on a guy we shouldn’t offer for the sake of offering or taking someone. There will always be an emerging recruit or a transfer or even someone in 2022 if Tony really isn’t wowed by someone. Also could be that Gregg wants to stay on the west coast. He did maybe delay the decision to hear back from UVA but ultimately he decided he could not leave too far from his family during these times.

4 Likes

To confirm, Trey has no offer? Any chance he is rewarded with one this weekend?

Kaufman we have offered. Tony saw him I believe on a trip to the area in fall or winter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_X2jCfnsll/

4 Likes