Recruiting-High Stakes September

I agree completely. I think this why things have cooled with Reid. I think our staff probably indicated a more deliberate developmental process but obviously Reid is being sold on immediate gratification. Easy to sell!

1 Like

One of the things that I really like about LRA is the lack of backbiting that had driven me away from The Sabre and Cavs Corner. Just sayinā€™.

23 Likes

I would second this. Really love the very friendly atmosphere of LRA. And would humbly suggest that if folks take personal issue with other postersā€™ comments for any reason to just ignore them and move onto the next thing. Life is too short to fight on the internet.

Anyway - enough meta-posting from me. Iā€™ll throw out my new controversial 2021 recruiting opinion: I think landing Kaufman would be a bigger win/more beneficial right now, given the composition of our roster, than landing Keels. But others could definitely talk me out of that.

20 Likes

Better player vs bigger need. Could be an NFL Draft discussion.

7 Likes

Kaufman is probably the bigger need in looking at the roster. Keels is the bigger need in changing the narrative about UVa and 5 stars. One will help define a team over a few years, the other has the potential to help define perception for years to come. Probably overstates the case for each, but thatā€™s the difference to me. Either way, Iā€™d be more than happy with one of the two (btw, based on no knowledge whatsoever, we finish second for both - too much gravitational pull to escape the orbits they find themselves in now).

9 Likes

Is Kaufman projected to be a 4 year player? I assume Keels is more like a 2 year player?

Wow, just saw Corey Evans is heading to the OKC Thunder.

1 Like

Corey Evans can kick rocks.

2 Likes

The reason I bring it up, maybe the Duke info he reported 6 weeks ago may not be solid. If he has been in talks with the Thunder, maybe he kinda halfhearted his effort on the recruiting scene lately.

It seems that report swung things away from UVa/Villanova and itā€™s been Duke talk ever since.

2 Likes

I know Corey isnā€™t real popular with UVA fans at the moment but thatā€™s a loss for every CBB fan that follows recruiting. Weā€™ll know less of thatā€™s happening than before. He was pretty much the last top line guy that still actually reported things.

16 Likes

@HoozGotNext thatā€™s what youā€™re for, dude.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Got a CB to Nebraska, seems err odd, with ACC options on the table.

1 Like

Such a weird recruitment. Not really a strong shooter but he is a very good player. Thought he would end up at Virginia Tech or NC State atleast.

1 Like

I feel like someone up here said kids are going tu enroll in January for college. But I cant remember who. HMMM

6 Likes

LOL, tu funny! Love seeing you here man.

1 Like

Brewster isnt a good fit for a kid like Carter Whitt. I said it was the wrong move from day one.

2 Likes

There will be more!

1 Like

Of course I know nothing. But it will depend on which HS have a basketball season and how college ball is going. Dont forget you need the school work also.

2 Likes

Brian Snow with a story on Kaufman from the IU sure. Still implied IU is in the best spot but weā€™ve clearly made this a race. Most positive part:

One interesting thing he Kaufman seemed to really like the campus in Charlottesville, and then also Tony Bennett has done a very good job of recruiting him as well. If all things were equal, then Virginia might be very tough to beat given some of what Kaufman has implied behind the scenes.

However, all things are not equal, and Indiana has some built in advantages, such as distance from home and proximity to extended family, notably his grandparents.

10 Likes