Recruiting - Trick-or-Treat October

I know nothing. But I think Kaufman is a Hoo

5 Likes

I think itā€™s very possible. UNC may be more likely because they missed on Jabari Smith today.

Dont think UNC was ever a serious player in his recruitment but it was a quiet recruitment as well so who knows.

Was going through the ā€œTheSabreā€ and found this free article. It had a quote from Kaufman which I found interesting because I wasnā€™t aware that some of the players have been in contact with Kaufman. Plus, I was encouraged by the comments Kaufman made on the culture.

"Of UVA, he said the following in the EDGE report: ā€œCoach Bennett, we talk a lot. I think we do have a really good relationship. Not just with Coach Bennett, but a lot of coaches on the staff. Players there have contacted me as well. The style, the way they conduct themselves, Iā€™m still trying to figure out if it fits me. The culture definitely fits me. Iā€™ve got to see if the scheme is what I want to play in.ā€ "

8 Likes

I feel like kids in ACC territory who arenā€™t quite at the UVA/UNC/Duke level should flock to Clemson. Brownell seems like a good developmental coach that has underperformed on the trail for whatever reason. Maybe thatā€™s changing the last few classes. Give Brownell 7 kids at the Lucas Taylor level and heā€™ll win a game or two in the tournament.

2 Likes

I like Lucas Taylor. He should turn into a good ACC player as an upperclassman. But I hate how Clemson recruits. They donā€™t take any chances at all. Almost their entire roster is made of players that UVA passed on who committed to Clemson in the Fall because that was their best option for one reason or another. Itā€™s a guaranteed plan to stay mediocre.

8 Likes

That, and having the devil himself steal the in state generational talent a few years ago.

1 Like

I like recruits who commit out of nowhere or on short notice lol

3 Likes

Sounds as if the scheme is the only hold up but a potential big one. Tu! I think UNC May lead here, unfortunately with UVA, and Purdue trailing.

Lol

Reverse psychology, maybe. :joy::rofl: I hope Iā€™m wrong because I really want Kaufman. He brings different dynamic to our offense potentially!!

1 Like

More Chief spam ā€¦ #brutal

8 Likes

@HoozGotNext Iā€™m gonna need a positive recruiting tidbit after this football performance. Sheesh

4 Likes

What about Indiana?

I think he already knows all he needs to know about Indiana to commit there but he hasnā€™t. Thatā€™s a good sign for everyone else. I think we still have a good chance to win this one. Weā€™ll see.

Agreed. But the same logic applies to the Hoos and Keels. Think Orange and Blue Goggles are as lethal as any

3 Likes

It may be but Iā€™m just stating my gut feeling for conversation. The recruiting info is just scarce.

You really need to stop ā€˜statingā€™ your opinion so much. Seriously junking up the board, in multiple threads.

9 Likes

I agree! Thatā€™s why I feel that way about Keels. We have been on him soooo long.

1 Like

Amen.

2 Likes