Recruiting - Trick-or-Treat October

everyones mad at this chief guy lol

2 Likes

Totally agree.

I have got to come to the rescue of Chief on this one as he just came to the rescue for me on another thread. There is nothing wrong with being excited about the team and talkative on multiple threads. Sometimes weā€™re in the mood to contribute a lot and sometimes weā€™re not.

As a *social platform we shouldnā€™t dissuade people from wanting to contribute.

7 Likes

Almost half of the posts on the primary threads in the last 6 hours have been by the Chief. And the actual content is close to zero. Itā€™s just getting really really old.

8 Likes

On the other hand, things on Locker Room Access are quite cordial and pleasant, if not sometimes informative. If you want to visit a dysfunctional forum, go browse the Indiana U. Rivals board. Five posts into almost any topic and they are at each otherā€™s throats. It is so much nicer here! And, even if someone teeters near the edge sometimes, weā€™re living in a pandemic where social distancing can drive a man to do and say things he ought not. (I, myself, may be acquiring a bacon dependency, but thatā€™s another story.) I imagine weā€™ll all get through this, and everything will be fine.

25 Likes

sounds like a man of experience there @73CAV

4 Likes

Hey - nature abhors a vacuum. Lids are on tight, 2022 seems light years away, the football team has taken the expected step backwards, and Covid has kept all of us on the ledge in some way. At least Chief cares enough to put stuff out there. If I had anything, and I do mean anything, Iā€™d be posting every hour on the hour. We all cool. Letā€™s keep it that way.

12 Likes

Clemson did go after Zion hard as the in-state hero until Duke bought him, but I tend to agree on Brownell.

Iā€™ve always thought heā€™s a good coach just on the verge of getting to that top 5-6 of the ACC and challenging for Sweet 16ā€™s, but heā€™s always missing a piece or two.

I think Clemson is probably fine with a tournament team every few years given that football juggernaut they have. That mentality not exactly conducive to getting top tier recruits though.

Worse dependencies than bacon. Try being married to the bakery :cupcake: b!tch.

2 Likes

Not UVA related, at least not directly. Iā€™ve never heard a recruit be so transparent about the holdup. That better be one cool video if it takes longer than a week.

12 Likes

LOL! Teenagers. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, kids do things. Of course, I have to admit to having been a teen once upon a time. Itā€™s so long ago that I have a hard time recalling it; the holes in my memory have swallowed up nearly everything.

[WARNING: OFF-HOOPS TOPIC CONTENT COMING]Iā€™m reminded of a song by the late Cā€™villian, Jesse Winchester. Itā€™s about generational differences. Sham-A-Ling-Dong-Ding[/WARNING]

4 Likes

:joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Wow - as a father I think Iā€™d wish Iā€™d drown my child before it ever got to this stage. Remind me to tell my two daughters of child-bearing age to please just DONā€™T!

1 Like

I think it would be epic to have a video of my son going D1. To hell with a Christmas card, im sending everyone a video of my son dunking a ball that explodes into a Kansas Jayhawk and sings them Deck the Halls

19 Likes

I think itā€™s fascinating that weā€™re days? Several weeks at most from all three Targets making a decision yet not one crystal ball in from the national guys for any of the 3. And no I donā€™t count the homer Duke picks for Keels or the months old IU pick for Kaufman. All of them must truly be in the decision making bunker.

4 Likes

From reading this stuff my gut is Kaufman doesnt wanna stay homeā€¦

6 Likes

My gut says you are correct. The only question being UNC or UVA? With Roy taking over the reins for UNC may explain the possible struggle and delay. I really, really, want Houstan!!

1 Like

Just saw that UNC is now recruiting a forward from Finland. I wonder if thereā€™s anything to be read into this about where things stand with Kaufman.

Maybe not, but one can hope ā€¦

6 Likes