Recruiting - Trick-or-Treat October

Surprisingly, the song is actually pretty anti-Nike.

This quote from Macklemore pretty much sums up the meaning of the song and also seals it that Indiana State is where he will commit:

“The attempt is to dissect our infatuation and attachment to logos, labels, brands and the fleeting happiness that is intrinsically linked to the almighty power of the purchase. The subject I use in the song is shoes, but its aim is to paint a broader picture of being a consumer and tracing the lineage back to my first memory of retail infused desire.”

1 Like

Darn Tar Heels

Gut still saying Indiana. We have a lot of 2022 options though with Traudt, Collin Smith, Billups, etc. and still have a really good shot at Caleb Houstan.

This recruitment feels like Keon Johnson and Tennessee

I think he just liked certain lyrics and there’s nothing to read into it. Trey’s an Adidas guy himself. so I really don’t think he’d intentionally play up that angle. But I also suspect it’s meant to be a head fake, making people believe UNC is the pick. He’s definitely been enjoying the process in the late stages.

3 Likes

If he was going to Indians State he’d have used Thrift Shop so we’re down to three.

8 Likes

Someone on the Indiana board put a smiley face in one of the topics on Kaufman and it seems he’s well respected and has done this before. I guess we’ll see but Indiana makes sense given everything.

I wonder if the Indiana poster knows the Villianova posters claiming Keels is on his way. One of the only years I honestly don’t think anyone knows anything until the announcement drops.

As if predicting commitments weren’t hard enough, recruits have evolved to posting head fakes on social media. It takes a special gift to decipher everything.

1 Like

If we do strikeout with everyone, it would be nice to pick up two 5th years with the extra schollies. Would let us shore up any spots of need for 2021-22 season and also have two extra schollies for 2022

We really don’t need anyone but recruiting at this level will improve overall talent level and can improve depth if carefully done. These three are very talented but it will take that level of talent to earn plaything time at the moment.

2 Likes

I’ve spent the last 30 minutes catching up on this thread. There is only one thing I know for sure about our possible recruits. My head is spinning and I’m completely confused. Dont have no idea about any one of them. Reading this stuff all over the internet, conflicting information. Personal biases ,know it alls, so called insiders. I’m going crazy. Go Hoos

5 Likes

FWIW, October 30th is Coach Archie Miller’s birthday. That may be the most telling bit I have seen in weeks.

7 Likes

If we are in the grasping for straws for insider info desperation mode, then it would be interesting to point out Archie Miller’s birthday is October 30th. Does that mean anything? Probably not. But maybe, and that basically means yes. LOL call me HooAnon.

2 Likes

LOL. Indiana board?

1 Like

Saw it there, and then verified it on Wikipedia.

Same. God we are so pathetic. But to make myself feel better, I’ve never tracked a plane flight before. So there’s that.

5 Likes

I have never been able to figure out what Archie Miller offers as a coach. Anytime i have watched Indiana atleast

6 Likes

Actually, I have spent most of the morning, and part of the afternoon, trying to figure out how to mount an unmounted partition on a new Linux installation. Browsing through a few basketball forums is a bit of a tonic, doncha know.

2 Likes

Nothing. They are a mid-tier B1G at best. Of course it’s still early but not looking to change much during Kaufman’s time there. Very much a close to home decision if he chooses Indiana.

Other schools of course can develop talent. Indiana, however, has not shown that over the last 2-3 years. They did put 1 player into the NBA though

1 Like

If I remember that dude was one and done no matter where he went, yes.

I think Kaufman knows this as well and may be why he seems hesitant to stay in state at IU. What I have read here he clearly seems impressed by TB and the program which is no surprise.

3 Likes