⛹ Reece Beekman - Offical Thread

My real big worry is that we lose Reece and Shedrick. If Shedrick shoots more of those jumpers with his size and mobility, he won’t be here next year…

2 Likes

Need @Hooandtrue to give a list of transfer PGs for next year. Please convince me that my idea of Caleb Foster decommiting and coming to the good guys is rationale

So so tough to get drafted highly as a 5 in the NBA these days. Makes me think it’s more likely Shed is back, but we shall see…

6 Likes

Counterpoint - Mark Williams

The hope is shed wants that com school degree. He sees himself working at UBS rather than playing at US Bank arena

Shedrick has mobility and a 7’4 wingspan. If he’s hitting 3s this year his will be on boards somewhere.

Transfer point guards are either mid major stat stuffers looking for 6 figure NIL deals or top 50-75 kids burried on the bench behind transfer and 5th year players who could be good but don’t have the on court production to give you that confidence to put the program in their hands.

2 Likes

I would say he’s the proof, not the counterpoint. He’s probably a top 5 pick until recently (went 15).

Maybe a hot take, but I think Shedrick was as good as Williams last year and is better now. Maybe way better (we will have to see if the shooting is legit)

1 Like

Tahaad and Elijah on Grounds at the same time would be transformational hahahah

16 Likes
16 Likes

We’re gonna need Kihei year 6…

7 Likes

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

6 Likes

Try to be Zen about it. There is some MM All League/POY candidate (NEC, MAAC, Big South) who is going to say I will step right into those minutes (UVA wins the ACC/top seed line) or not (take the best player available that CTB likes) we “struggle” to another top 4 league season and mid seed line.

3 Likes

The only thing that concerns me about Reece is the health of his ankle. The only thing I care about is how he plays this year. Whatever happens next year, I’ll worry about next year.

7 Likes

Would be a huge opportunity, optimally i think we’d bring in a mid-major uptransfer PG and a talented 2024 reclass and they would share PG duties. Hopefully Mckneely will be ready

1 Like

This isn’t football where players really need to cash in. You’ll find elite level pg transfers who know that with a good situation they will make a lot more money going pro than just looking for an earlier cash in opportunity

2 Likes

Although I agree it isn’t ideal, I think this is the best way^^^

1 Like

Mmmmm, I hope so, maybe the pay for play will calm down, but pretty sure the top pgs this past year all chased NIL. Pack, Hunter, etc

Much better defending in-bounds plays…

1 Like

Not sure if there were a number of PGs below them that got a high dollar level. I think what you’ll see is that if reece makes his decision to leave early or it becomes apparent, players who may not have left their program but for a UVA opening, will leave . Not a ton of places you can go to get as much visibility as a starting guard at UVA.

5 Likes

Is Tahaad a potential reclass candidate?

1 Like