⛹ Reece Beekman - Offical Thread

oh yeah I’m only kidding about 3pm Wed. No clue

9 Likes

So now you’re just making up news. You know you can’t be playing with these peoples emotions on here. They live by your word.

20 Likes

I hope Reece does a “Final Two” twitter post like recruits do, except it’s just a picture of us and the NBA logo. Can even throw a moon and Tony giving Lebron the stink eye in there somewhere too.

17 Likes

Reece should become a dramaturg (best suffix ever?). He has a knack for suspense.

Maybe Reece wants to see if the debt ceiling vote passes first

16 Likes

Giving my typical contrarian view: feels like it’s the fans (us) creating the drama, mostly. Case in point, and sorry to pick on Riffs:
https://twitter.com/UVaHoopsRiffs/status/1663375356668043264?s=20

Text:

Tomorrow is a likely to hear about Reece Beekman’s plans. My personal feeling has been that 90% he’s gone – but now it feels like a tossup / even might say it’s slightly more likely he’s returning. :face_with_peeking_eye:

What has happened or what has Reece said that has folks with such Wild Mood Swings**? Nada, zip, zilch. I see the situation as remarkably stable since basically the injury (which arrested his upward momentum). It’s a tough decision.

** Mint car is my favorite Cure song, and I don’t care what critics say. What do they know?

10 Likes

Haney you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? You are on :fire::fire::fire:

8 Likes

Just getting some takes up before work. Gotta put in the work (on my takes, not so much on the actual work)

4 Likes

Trying to read the Reece!! Decision in real time is good fun. It has been very clear to me since the end of our season

4 Likes

One of my favorite players ever to watch at UVa. regardless of his choice on returning or not, I just hope he’ll be a good rep of the program whether vocally/visibly or by performance. Love to see guys come back, embrace the University, staff, new players & the City

4 Likes

While we’re waiting for Reece….

The Cure “Hot Hot Hot!!!” and Prince “Kiss” are the same song. Haney respond.

7 Likes

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

1 Like

Would be genius response in his interviews “yea well you know. My D is elite and I can run the pick n roll flawlessly. But what really has my attention is the US debt celing and interest rates”

2 Likes

“Before I enter the workforce, I’d like to see if employers can indeed guarantee payment on my paychecks. Otherwise I’m going back to college so Congress can sort things out for a year.”

6 Likes

Rothstein’s feed full of tweets about players withdrawing from the NBA draft today.

5 Likes

While we wait… Here are the guys that have eligibility left, who might come back (thought to have retained eligibility), played 5-on-5 at the combine, and as of the time of the combine, hadn’t yet declared either way. Basically, I tried to find Reece’s peers:

1. Trey Alexander
  2. Emoni Bates
  3. Reece Beekman
  4. Adem Bona
  5. Johni Broome - BACK
  6. Adam Flagler
  7. PJ Hall - BACK
  8. DaRon Holmes
  9. Coleman Hawkins
  10. Andre Jackson Jr.
  11. Dillon Jones
  12. Ryan Kalkbrenner - BACK
  13. Arthur Kaluma
  14. Kevin McCullar - BACK
  15. Judah Mintz
  16. Dillon Mitchell
  17. Grant Nelson
  18. Brandin Podziemski
  19. Omax Prosper - STAYING IN
  20. Oscar Tshiebwe
  21. Adama Sanogo
  22. TJ Shannon
  23. Azoulas Tubelis

So, as of ~1:30pm on Tuesday, 4 guys coming back, 1 guy going pro, and 18 still not yet announced. Updates as I feel moved to do so.

11 Likes

Blake Hinson back at Pitt

The three left in the ACC that I have down still undecided are Reece, Judah Mintz, and Miles Kelly.

5 Likes

Maybe Reece is just waiting on the goodbye video from uva social media

10 Likes

Flagler is back

2 Likes

If so, I’m not seeing any announcement or news. He was just in that Lakers workout a few days ago with Kihei.

2 Likes