RIP Phony Bennett

https://twitter.com/tdembitz/status/1653798278738108416

62 Likes

Gonna miss him.

15 Likes

Not many people can keep a Twitter conversation grounded and funny during emotionally charged sports moments.

That sounds small and silly, but I actually think it points to something much bigger about who he was and how he approached life.

39 Likes

Man…gutted to see this thread. My condolences to his loved ones…

24 Likes

Oh no. So sorry to hear this, feel like I just saw him tweeting recently. Thoughts and prayers

14 Likes

A huge loss in so very many ways.

12 Likes

This made my heart sink. Seemed like an amazing guy. Prayers to his family.

16 Likes

Wow - so sorry for your and your family’s loss. Although never having met him, Phony Bennett was obviously one of the greats in UVa sports and will be missed beyond belief. One day I trust that, in another place, we’ll all join hands and give a yell for the dear old UVA.

14 Likes

Prayers for his family. Always gut-wrenching to hear news like this

7 Likes

Life can be so unfair sometimes.

We’re all going to miss you Phony.

24 Likes

Consider myself lucky to have known him these past few years and spend a lot of time doing the pods and fundraisers etc through LRA. Thankfully we met in person at the Duke game this year in CVille

The guy is a true Wahoo amd may he rest in peace. Big continued prayers for his daughters and wife and mom and sister

43 Likes

He’s the reason why I became a polarized UVA fan in the first place. Was an incredible presence for the UVA fandom on twitter.

19 Likes

Hate to hear it

5 Likes

Reading that almost knocks the wind out of me. Love ya’ll, and godspeed Phony.

13 Likes

So gutted to hear this, for his family and for the community. First UVA sports account I ever followed, and really ignited my love for this team. Any way we can fundraise for his family?

11 Likes

This news causes extreme sadness and provides perspective. The world and especially UVA fandom is a dimmer place without Chris. Praying for his family and friends.

12 Likes

Yes we are planning something

25 Likes

Terribly sad. What a wonderful person and Hoo. Glad we all got the chance to experience his personality in a small way.

13 Likes

OMG, I’m gutted.

4 Likes

Fbck Cancer
Condolences to the family

6 Likes