Searching for late additions as '22 recruiting heats up (Blog)

I was looking at him more like how they used Justin Anderson. JA didn’t shoot well until his Junior year, year 3.

Langston, if we are fortunate enough to get him (please basketball gods) would be a 4, in the mold of Mitchel/Atkins/Mamadi. In no way is he a 3 at the moment. Can he guard a 3 for a possession or two on a switch? Sure. He knows hes a project and needs to gain weight. The dude has only been cleared for heavy physical activity for a year and a half/two years

5 Likes

Yeah, he feels a lot more like a 4/5 than a 3 or even a 3/4.

2 Likes

Off the board officially

1 Like

Brother tagging along too

1 Like

I suspect lol bro will ride the bench for a year cheering for tanner and then transfer again

So many tweets that harp about the 35 he dropped against KU…curious if @DavetheWave has both Groves kids plus minus from that one game… we all know that Tony needs 2 way players…curious why we didn’t go after these guys… unless they were a package deal… in that we needed to find 2 schollys even if we were interested in only one of the Groves boys…

Off topic but Ron Sanchez landed Robert Braswell from Syracuse tonight. That’s a great pick up for Charlotte.

8 Likes

vs. Kansas the team was 112.0 on offense and 124.0 on defense
Tanner Groves was 134 and 126 with 5 rebounds and 3 blocks
Jacob Groves was 162 and 121 with 9 rebounds
On the season Eastern Washington was 109.0 on O and 98.0 on D
Tanner Groves was 118.9 and 95.7 in 27m per game
Jacob Groves was 114.1 and 100.4 in 22m per game

1 Like

And both brothers signed with Oklahoma

We didn’t get Chet Holmgren.

1 Like

It appears that both groves defense was not nearly as good as their season averages… but hey the offense got them to a plus rating… as I guessed a potential theory as to why we didn’t Pusey harder is that maybe they can’t defend P5 players as well as we would like…

Think it’s as simple as we weren’t getting both Gardner and Groves and we preferred Gardner.

7 Likes

Yeah, sounded like we were pursuing Groves but then when things started to look brighter on the Gardner front, we backed off.

5 Likes

Carolina behind the Efton delay? Story is behind a paywall but you get the idea.

2 Likes

Always thought Elton would be a fit for UNC in terms of how they play their bigs, but I guess there was enough baggage that Roy wouldn’t listen. Maybe Hubie is going to need some baggage to create some momentum on the recruiting trail.

1 Like

That was my exact thought when he delayed

The insiders in their board felt like the staff tried but word was his recruitment was too far down the road to get fully involved. We’ll see

He wants to be a one and done right? Does he split minutes with Bacot at the 5? And where does this leave Justin McKoy in all of this? Caged on the bench? Sorry lol. (still a good kid who made the best decision from his perspective)

2 Likes

Hubie is going to buck the trend and play a 5-in offense. McKoy is going to be the point forward.

5 Likes