Selection Sunday/Bracket Talk

Like you said, when you’re a 1-2 seed almost every season, it’s really hard to outperform your seed. Especially if you lose to MSU 2 rounds too early twice and the UMBC year, that’s like a deadweight vs seed.

1 Like

Has this been confirmed??

This is starting to get crazy. Poor planning to not have a week gap but I guess nothing can be done now. Well it would be interesting if a 1 seed had major issues all of a sudden what they would do.

1 Like

Don’t think there’s anything they could do. Tournament’s got to go on as scheduled. Too many logistical challenges to change much now.

Did they all get it in Greensboro?

Who knows? Duke campus is spiking real bad right now. The whole campus got put on lock down. And they weren’t staying in Greensboro. Were busing to and from Durham.

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1372373160159498242?s=21

I think it’s pretty easy to imagine it not happening. Teams have been coming down with Covid since November. There is a track record. Very few schools have had something happen like what she’s describing at Duke. It could happen, of course, but the odds would seem to be against it.

2 Likes

Wow! That changes the bracket. I thought GT could surprise a few teams.

5 Likes

I remain optimistic about our chances of not having any more cases as well, but Sat cannot come fast enough. These slow moving days in between are not helpful…

2 Likes

Same here i thought GT was a prime sleeper byt not now

1 Like

Definitely thought they had potential for a sweet 16. Such a good team this year, that’s a major absence.

1 Like

Exactly- I mean as unbelievable as it sounds Moses Wright IS the ACC player of the year…

1 Like

GT and Kansas handled this much differently than UVA…

I mean there is no way GTech starters aren’t contact traced to Moses. Hope they are all well, safe, and can play but protocols seem to be drastically different across programs.

4 Likes

Upon further review. I still like GT with or without Moses.

You already know. Usher baby and Bell Biv Devoe are real

3 Likes

Exactly, you know they are going to lock it down, and I don’t buy that Sister Mary magic.

She used it all up couple years ago but whata famtastic ride they had

1 Like

This story on jalen Suggs and Paige Bueckers is actually nuts Gonzaga's Jalen Suggs, UConn's Paige Bueckers and the friendship that fuels March Madness - ESPN

7 Likes