Spring Recruiting Thread

Then you get… Trey Murphy

It’s a lot easier to find a top guy in the top-25 range of recruiting rankings. So when you have a chance at one you take it

4 Likes

I don’t see Stevenson being comparable to Powers or Keels. TB spent a lot of time on the latter two and because they committed elsewhere so late Virginia likely lost out on some other good player. This time Stevenson will be making the decision much earlier than Powers or Keels and it doesn’t seem like TB has invested too much time except on Stevenson’s official and unofficial visits. I agree with @UVAdrian and @Hooandtrue.

7 Likes

The downside is that unless TB, JWilly and crew can clone themselves they’re spending time on the wrong players when they could have been recruiting the right players. This is a yearly occurrence- Keels, Powers, Stevenson, etc. all of them want the *literal blue blood programs. It’s not hard to see the writing on the wall as soon as dook, Kansas, UNC, Kentucky etc. get involved.

In this situation we *could have been focusing on Julian Phillips from the very beginning (or maybe someone not as highly regarded as him or Stevenson), but we only *now offered him just when it looks like Stevenson is about to commit to UNC.

4 Likes

Sorry this comment was too funny to not have a visual.

Fishing Marlin GIF by The Telegraph

6 Likes

What did we lose trying to recruit him over the past 6-8 weeks?

3 Likes

This is literally every program not named Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina. The only reason this seems to happen repeatedly to your team is because you follow it. Unless you’re at the top of the food chain, there are misses and the appearance of wasted resources. This is the game of recruiting. It’s not shooting fish in a barrel.

12 Likes

Have a snickers, man. It’s not that serious.

1 Like

This made me laugh probably a lot more than it should have :rofl:

9 Likes

share jericho GIF

8 Likes

run away step brothers GIF

3 Likes

Angry Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

The more time we spend fishing in the blue blood pond for these 5 stars, the less attention we spend recruiting the guys who want to be here- Hell, maybe if we had been better tuned into the people that wanted to be here maybe we could have avoided the Traudt situation all together…

5 Likes

I get how you feeling , but majority of the High profile recruits they going after do fit our culture, they mostly come from families with morals, faith and excellent upbringings. Like I stated before I just wish they cast a wider net when offering scholarships instead waiting late in the game to offer. But I can’t complain about the quality of young men they do recruit.

5 Likes

The Traudt situation was soooo avoidable. You land a blue-chip, near five star kid and then you bring in a (5th year limited) XFer at the same spot soon after, then redshirt the top HS recruit for said Xfer. SMDH!

4 Likes

south park beat a dead horse GIF

17 Likes

You need a Deandre Hunter to win a national title. He’s a lot easier to find in the top-25 than he is 25+

4 Likes

And again can someone please identify who we missed by pursuing Stevenson?

4 Likes

Everyone not named Jarin Stevenson, duh

6 Likes
5 Likes

Already rich?

Maybe some Harden in his off the dribble game. Dude is confident

1 Like