Spring Recruiting Thread

Love Kon

4 Likes

Dennis Scott clone.

4 Likes

You’re being sarcastic, but everyone *not named Stevenson is a true statement if we wait until a Stevenson, Keels, and Power decides before offering anybody else.

Listen- we can offer anybody we want including 5 stars, but when we halt recruiting others full steam because we hope that high maintenance 5 star recruits will choose us, we risk being left out in the cold and then needing to settle for…well those players that haven’t worked out incredibly well for us.

2 Likes

This kid is going to be a stud

7 Likes

Yeah but he likes VCU’s campus, so do we want him? I mean what kind of judgment are we looking at?

7 Likes

Depends on what you’re looking for. VCU is different from pretty much anywhere else in the state. It’s not a scenic campus, but if you prefer the city/urban feel, it’s your thing. We live less than a mile from the center of campus, and can walk to a bunch of good restaurants.

My oldest son visited ODU, CNU & JMU after VCU and said no way to the others. But he’s also tattooed, musical & artsy. It’s not everyone’s scene, but those who love it wouldn’t want a more traditional campus.

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/trillydonovan/status/1662104653310357505

The dead period ends tonight at 11:59pm and I already know a handful of schools that will have kids on campus for visits at 12:00am.

Expecting a few visits that have flown under the radar to pop up as well.

— Trilly Donovan (@trillydonovan) May 26, 2023
1 Like

Seems like they need an entire overhaul of the recruiting calendar. So much of it is out of whack now with the explosion of transfers.

There should absolutely not be a dead period in May to work around that creates motivation to rush in visitors at midnight haha

8 Likes

College recruiting is weird, with grown adults showing up at teens’ homes and inviting them to visit their workplace at midnight.

12 Likes

We lucky Foxfield is closed at midnight, I think

6 Likes

The other instate 2025 stud from Mananas. Highlights from the past weekend.

6 Likes

247Sports director of basketball Eric Bossi picked Nate Ament as his biggest spring stock-riser in the class after watching him in the u16 division of Adidas 3SSB.

A big wing with obvious upside, Ament is a late-bloomer who recently grew to 6-foot-7. He shows some early flashes of inside-out ability that remind Bossi of a young Michael Porter at a similar stage.

Amen claims early offers from the likes of Virginia Tech, Creighton, Wake Forest, and Charleston and reports additional interest from Virginia, Maryland, and Ohio.

4 Likes

Good ole Leader (Villanova 247 writer who their fan base is at odds with but sometimes they are aligned lol)

2 Likes

We’ve tried UVA basketball with no center, but we haven’t tried it with no PG yet. Who would be the BVP of point guard play?

2 Likes

Kon Knueppel.

12 Likes

Looking over the schedule for Nike

5pm CDT on Sunday Isaiah Abraham vs Kon Knueppel

Other than that no head to head matchups (Bliss does play vs Bishop Boswell).

Everyone plays twice saturday, twice sunday, and then once monday.

10 Likes

When your guy RD tightens his handles up he can run point at times ala Walt Williams the Wizard

4 Likes

A little Dr J in the half court RD action

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=walt+william+college+highlights&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS870US870&oq=walt+william+college+highlights&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i546l3.8953j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3e2bee67,vid:h-mib1MUAZQ

Here you go young man

4 Likes

How’d his Hunter Dickinson prediction work out? Oh…

1 Like