Spring Recruiting Thread

I would say that, in general, quickness as an attribute is probably overrated for guards and underrated for bigs.

For guards, I’d take footwork, size, and skill over raw speed almost all of the time

I dub this the Ty Jerome Corrollary

6 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure shortly after that comment was published he received about 12 text messages from opposing recruiters providing some historical perspective on our recent NCAA tourney experiences.

This is how we can confirm that Jase doesn’t read the 2022-23 post-mortem thread :wink:

3 Likes

Well we’re the only team on his list that has won a natty in his lifetime, that’s as deep of a single run as you can have

7 Likes

Here they are:

https://verbalcommits.com/rankings/2024

• Jarin - 17
  • Kon - 28
  • Abraham - 54
  • Bliss - 106
11 Likes

Didn’t we recruit him?
https://twitter.com/tiptonedits/status/1656658660884631558?s=46

2 Likes

I think HGN indicated we would be done with transfers but he would be filthy as the starting 5

Harris, McKneely, Rohde, Minor, Udeh with bench of Getrude, Taine, Bond, Dunn, Buchanan

2 Likes

Is today the last day you can enter the portal?

Marvel Cinematic Universe Film GIF by ActionVFX

6 Likes

His numbers look good, though in extremely limited minutes and in the “I only shoot dunk shots” kind of way. Somehow commits 7.7 fouls/40 mins. Some team will be pleased to have him as a shot blocking big, it looks like there’s some developmental potential there. Wouldn’t be surprised if he can’t crack 20 mpg even in a P6 team with a thinner frontcourt due to foul trouble.

1 Like

We will see, he was a top 50 recruit as a big and there are likely teams who would be happy to play him who weren’t going to give their bigs a lot of offensive touches (e.g., UVA). The issue is that Kansas now has a big who will need to play 30 minutes a game and take a lot of shots.

3 Likes

Yes I believe so Fresh

1 Like

Any lineup that has Dunn off the bench, I want no part of. Expecting an Akil JR season, when he was 3rd team All ACC.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, nobody has been as high on Dunn as consistently

2 Likes

In that scenario I’d have Minor off the bench as the 4 & 5 and (ducking from incoming fire) RS Buchanan before I’d give Dunn bench minutes.

EYBL this weekend!

Note: times are listed in CDT. I think if you live in the East Coast, that means you add 1.

Livestream links are on the main page: https://nikeeyb.com/

5 Likes

Isaiah Abraham and Team Takeover

Stream. Playing vs Derrion Reid and Team Thad

1 Like

Man Team Takeover has so many talented pieces. A shame their point guard play is absolute ass, making all of that irrelevant.

Isaiah Abraham with a solid outing so far.

2 Likes

Isaiah Abraham is a fusion between Braxton Key, Justin Anderson, and Anthony Gill his first year at UVA and with the Wizards (felt like we packed on some weight and made him a center later in his career here). Legit 6-7, with his fro out is taller than Derrion Reid listed at 6-8 (who looks a legit 6-8).

Probably a better 3pt shooter than those three coming out of HS but that speaks to the lack of 3pt shooting from those 3. Not really assertive/plays within himself. Probably has more to his game than he has shown at PVI and Team Takeover as a high level glue guy: Jamie Shaw still has him like a top 30 recruit even in recent updates. But I think anywhere is the 40-60 range is more appropriate.

Watching clips of him back when he was at Highland (Warrenton) and those Pangos camps, he was playing like a bonafide 5 star and outplaying top 100 kids in 2022 and 2023. His willingness to buy in at PVI and team takeover is admirable and probably makes him a Tony fit but I think there is a ceiling there that can only be reached with being more assertive. ’

Abraham hasn’t been guarding in the front court though as much. He’s been guarding the 2-3 most of the game (Larry Johnson aka grandmama)

Abraham as the small ball 4 man and Kon at the 3 could be fun.

13 Likes

I was watching the PSA (Bliss) game for a little bit. Will be curious what happens with Matthew Hodge, could see him being someone UVA looks at this summer. Skilled sorta stretch 4 type. Odell Hodge’s son, former ODU/Laurel Park star.

12 Likes

Oregon offers Ty Davis on his official visit. Also saw he got a Northwestern offer very recently. Officially a Power 5 target now :frowning:

https://twitter.com/tydavis_3/status/1657172366219448320

2 Likes