Spring Recruiting Thread

Yes, those guys are ‘involved’ and we are leading lol

1 Like

Rivals = only 15% in the on3 algorithm. so screw them

5 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t reach much into that. HGN, Evan Flood(247 mod for Wisconsin), and an insider with Marquette have all said it’s basically Wisconsin and UVA neck and neck with everyone else distantly behind.

5 Likes

Mr. True is on it

Of course the main point of the tweet was to get laughs at our man Nip

This week, I learned that five-star prospect Kon Knueppel's last name is pronounced "Ka-nipple." Not sure I would have believed that had I not asked his mom.

Was great at Pangos. Averaged 18 PPG on a ridiculous 75% shooting. Ohio State, Stanford, Marquette, Wisconsin involved

— Rob Cassidy (@Cassidy_Rob) June 7, 2023
8 Likes

I had a fellow Lieutenant I was in tech school with… her last name was Pucci… we were pronouncing it “POO-chee” for the first few days… on the third or fourth day someone said POO-chee, and she stopped them saying… it’s pronounced… “PUSS-cee”. I didn’t talk to her for the remaining 5-months of training… the rest of my classmates snickered until the end of time.

I also had a Puerto Rican classmate with a heavy Hispanic accent… he was a great briefer, but at the beginning of every briefing he would say “What I would like to focus on today…”, but his focus in the Hispanic accent sounded like “FUCK-us”… every instructor jumped out of their seat when he said it.

Man… that was a fun tech school.

16 Likes

We are so focused.

4 Likes

That’s dumb. I can think of 50 ways he could find the 3 characters he needed to fit in “UVa” in his tweet, and 10 ways to fit in “Virginia”.

(Edit: and he’s probably lying, just forgot about us.)

8 Likes

Kon Clips from Pangos

Ryan Jones Pangos clips

Jase Richardson clips from Pangos

Couldnt find Trent Perry pangos so recent AAU clips instead

Bliss: couldnt find anything. Just picture taller maybe more athletic Perrantes but not as good a shooter as Perrantes

Isaiah Abraham. See above (Ngonba’s mom instagram)

2 Likes

Keesler?

3 Likes

Perry or Richardson? Who would you prefer?

2 Likes

Trent Perry cause he’s standing next to kon and Isaiah Abraham in this top 30 Pangos photo. Hoos just naturally gravitating towards eachother.

(my actually preference is Gertrude/Kon as point guard ball handlers and if that doesn’t work just defaulting back to Dante Rohde.)

4 Likes

Yep… temporary housing was under construction on base, so my whole class was set up at an apartment complex in D’Iberville for the entire time… Beaujolais Villas. Great time for a bunch of 22 and 23 year olds.

The unfortunate part about my time there was I was there for 9/11… so it would take us 4-hours to get on Keesler every morning for a week after.

2 Likes

Wow, crazy times. Not sure if you ever went back TDY since about 2007 but the area changed a lot after Katrina.

We were stationed there for almost 5 years before I retired, and actually liked it quite a bit. Not as stereotypical Mississippi as the rest of the state. Not exactly progressive but the coast has a little bit different vibe/culture.

3 Likes

Nope… I’ve never made it back to Keesler… my buddy was there for Katrina he lived in Ocean Springs when they changed the rules to 4-year assignments during sequestration and really enjoyed himself.

Yeah, OS is a cool/quirky little community.

I liked the neighborhood we bought our house in Biloxi, but if I had to do it over again, I would have bought in OS. But prior to Keesler, we had just been in DC for 4 years and I didn’t even want a 20 minute commute.

1 Like

Probably just window dressing but made Caleb Williams’ Top 7:

Caleb Williams, the No. 117 overall recruit in the 2024 class, tells me he’s down to seven schools. https://t.co/bKCWQYCWlS pic.twitter.com/xbbr67VByr

— Joe Tipton (@TiptonEdits) June 8, 2023

5 Likes

We’ll be window dressing all the way down to his final 3.

interesting no tech. See the absence of mike jones there.

New 2024 rankings for 247

Offers
#19 Kon Knueppel (36 before)
#22 Jarin Stevenson (11 before)
#33 Pat Ngongba
#71 Trent Perry
#72 Isaiah Abraham
#74 Travis Perry
#130 Christian Bliss

@Hooandtrue interest
#40 Derrion Reid
#51 Jase Richardson
#58 Nic Codie
#59 Ryan Jones Jr
#81 Darrion Sutton
#NR David Punch
#NR Ty Davis
Isaiah Otyaluk and Brandon Jennings Jr with no 247 pages (which is absurd for both)

9 Likes

I usually check NC prospects, but I doubt how much 247 watched EYBL.
They moved Powell to ninth and retained Evans to 10th.
I checked all of Evans’ matches on TSF and CP3. To be honest, I wonder how he managed to stay in the Top 10.
I didn’t expect Knueppel to rank any lower than them.
Even so, I’d prefer 247 over On3, but for this update, I prefer On3’s ranking.

3 Likes