Spring Recruiting Thread

LOL that had to be so intentional because they dropped the music for that clip and the one before when the guy is yelling “Shooter” as Kon drains another three. I love this family already.

5 Likes

Kon Knueppel, Isaiah Abraham, and Ryan Jones Jr all make the top 30 game and all on the same team (with Tahaad Pettiford). Id pay money to watch that game… just not $44. Im sure the youtube highlights will be riveting.

Neither Bliss nor Trent Perry make the top 30 or top 60 (the next 30 players in their own game) so to home they go.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtKZzGBS-u9/

Edit: wait im blind. Trent Perry made top 30 and is on the other team.

1 Like

Perry/Kon/Jones Jr./Transfer big is my ideal haul atm assuming that Derrion Reid isn’t a viable option for us.

What is your operating dream class right now, @Hooandtrue?

4 Likes

My dream or what we need? lol.

My dream would be to use the last open scholarship for next season on Darrion Sutton that summer blow up (he’s originally a 2023 kid so you can reclass and redshirt him/pitch Trey Murphy hard). And then he can slide into that starting 4 spot when Dunn bounces.

And then you get Kon as the ball handler/Gertrude more ball-handling opportunity this way instead of taking a pg, and you get Ryan Jones who can work with our training/medical staff to develop physically behind Sutton (Sutton would be here 1-2 years anyways like Murphy and Ryan Jones can focus on his health and condition since that seems to be his downside currently).

And then use any remaining scholarship on athletic high level glue guy wings (Isaiah Abraham, David Punch, Isaiah Otyaluk, Malik Abdullahi, etc.).

Realistically, we need one of Kon or RJ Jones: we need a bucket getter of some kind. And then a pg, and a wing/wing-forward that compliments the bucket getter we get.

4 Likes

Ive seen him mentioned on Kentucky sites so I assume he is gone lol.

A DeAndre Hunter wing like Derrion Reid or Nic Codie would also be super dope.

I also like David Punch as a Gill like forward and apparently he’s young for 2024 so REDSHIRT him.

2 Likes

Jase Richardson was MVP of the top 60 game. From his earlier game. Top 30 about to tip off

One other person said Richardson was a better leaper than Rakease Passmore.

6 Likes

Lol its not even done with the first half and the score is 75-54.

What’s even more incredible is that in this all-star event Kon Knueppel has yet to even take one shot (he does have an assist though). He has like 4 teammates with 5+ shots. Love it. Kill the Kon hype. Make Kon2UVA a smoother ride for us.
Cause we all know Gonzaga and Creighton are like “Hmmmm Kon didnt shoot much in that one ymca pick up ball game. Probably shouldn’t recruit him”

6 Likes

Also Ryan Jones is 4-5 from 3… I may have been underselling it when I said he was a Traudt level shooter for a big man who can also bang down low.

He’s made more 3s (on really good shooting) this entire camp than Kon Knueppel and Jalil Bethea. It’s absurd, even in a camp setting.

Not to be too drastic but Tony should be trialed for war crimes at the Hague for not offering him yet.

7 Likes

Final score of the pangos top 30 game was 167-130… Negative defense, not even no defense. Both Sutton and Kon with barely any shots which is beautiful. Cause again other college coaches are 100% basing their want to recruit a kid off this one glorified all star-game and not like literally everything else the last 1-2 years.

3 Likes

In all seriousness, would it matter? Isn’t he from FL, so only a matter of time before Miami, FSU and the $EC come calling…

2 Likes

They can’t recruit everyone. And he’s a powerforward in the truest sense. All these school want wing forwards at the 4/3.

Also did I mention he’s super religious and has said in multiple interviews the most important part of his recruitment is having a coach on the staff who is close with God as well as the fact that he spent his injury time doing mission work in Cuba (and having his twitter profile background being his baptism). Feels like a kid that would vibe 100% with Tony

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChS3-NcOUvF/

4 Likes

Lol and he plays for Paul Vi. There’s that.

He is not close to being as good as his cuzzo.

1 Like

two clips. First clip is Isaiah Abraham dunk. 2nd clip is Isaiah Abraham with 2 blocks on the center and then an up the court assist to Kon Knueppel. Future UVA connection? (instagram account is Pat Ngongba’s mom/Abraham’s aunt)

5 Likes

I honestly really like Abraham in a vacuum. If Dunn is gone in the next year or two I’m back in on him

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SUVtv/status/1600644035865350144

3 Likes

We just really need a bucket getter. At least one of Kon of RJ Jones (or both and say screw it Gertrude/Kon point guard by committee. Id take that over Bliss or Perry tbh. But Bliss was made in a lab to be a UVA point guard playstyle wise.)

Go Kon Abraham and RJ Jones and throw in a project wing (or David Punch since again he’s young for a 2024 kid. And redshirt him. The anti-TJ Power)

4 Likes

Offer him

1 Like

“I say ah’m not going to be a 'Hoo!”

1 Like

I know Rivals isn’t to be trusted, but Rob Cassidy says he talked to Kon with some kind of content coming out tomorrow, and didn’t mention UVa as “involved” in his recruitment. Ohio St., Stanford, Marquette, and Wisconsin mentioned. Is this just a massive troll job and I’m overreacting?

2 Likes

Yeah I’d say so

1 Like