STAB’s Desmond Roberts Commits as PWO

https://twitter.com/stabhoops/status/1660064192102031362?s=46&t=N3FOT-sb1ZV1UliRM5dyBQ

7 Likes

I have!

2 Likes

You’re signing up to give us a full review. You can pass on the film breakdown though. We will save that for a real over achiever.

2 Likes

What’s the scoop!

1 Like

He looked like a grown man in HS. Solid player I thought. Nothing crazy. Was kinda the glue guy type for a pretty talented team when I watched him. Assuming he redshirts this year and will be a solid walk on type.

Seemed like his skills were between a wing and like a 4 man… Mini Leon Bond, hows that!

Also Elijah wearing 12 and Blake 0…

9 Likes

Love it. Hopefully he turns out as good as the last two guys on scholly that wore #12 (sorry Chase).

2 Likes

Last 2 guys who wore 0 were solid for a long time too.

2 Likes

Desmond Roberts Film:

7 Likes

You’re awesome - every time I go to find news or highlights - by the time I come back here you have it posted!! Good work!

2 Likes

I guess he is Leon Bond huh?

That’s the tape of a guy who would probably be a starter for a mid major as a Junior.

Really underrated part of our success under TB has been getting this level of talent on our green team, makes a huge difference in practice.

6 Likes

Reminds me of Kenneth Faried - high school version - played a bigger position due to need … good athlete.

1 Like

Michael Curran on the 247 site is saying he had offers from Princeton, Yale, Towson, JMU, ECU, Navy, VMI, and Air Force.

So a legit mid major caliber prospect who is also really smart. Seems like a perfect fit.

5 Likes

When I was in town I thought I heard that he would go Ivy. Glad he is staying local

2 Likes

Nah. I prefer to Simba comp. Plays with his power if not his top end athleticism.

His bio on the UVA site lists interest from those schools. Have a feeling that Michael misread or conflated interest for offer. Seems too much of a coincidence for a one to one match.

5 Likes

Ha. Those are HIGHlights but I hear you

WOAH

I non jokingly asked HGN about that kid watching stab this year. He had mid major offers why is he walking on here? Trying to earn a scholarship?

3 Likes

From his profile my guess he he is getting lots of academic scholarship money. Maybe wanted to stay in Cville and be a Hoo?

2 Likes

NICE! FREAKING GO, DES.

That’s a fantastic outcome for him.

9 Likes